Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
dads surgery
Last Post 29 Nov 2009 02:09 PM by Fossil. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
18 Sep 2008 10:09 AM  
well, my dad just left to go have back surgery, hope everything goes good, and he's able to hunt this year, doc said nothing for a month so no archery this year, sucks cause thats his favorite time to go, I have to go with my buddy and his dad but its not the same, you know. Id rather me out there with my dad, but he should be able to go for muzzleloader.
SOUTHERN PRIDE
rnwinter
6 Point
6 Point

--
18 Sep 2008 04:30 PM  
I'll be praying that everything turns out well and that he is able to join you as soon as he's able. Keep your spirits up. Maybe you can take a video camera along and document a few of your hunts for him to watch.
Ronald Ray Jr.
6 Point
6 Point

--
11 Nov 2008 06:12 PM  
Sorry it took me a while to reply. And I am sorry to hear about your dad needing back surgery.

How did your dad's back surgery go?

I had back surgery back when I was still in the Navy, in 1994 in December. And it was a sad time for my. My Doctor did not want me driving or flying for a while. So I couldn't spend the holidays with my family. So I was alone that christmas.

I am told that I will some day need back surgery again. But I don't know when. My doctor wants to wait until things get worse. That is why I haven't been able to work, because my doctor has me on a lifting limit.

Anyway, I hope that he is doing well and that everything went good with the surgery.
Ronald Lee Ray Jr.
rrjr11@cox.net
Disabled Navy Veteran
ontarioben
6 Point
6 Point

--
11 Nov 2008 08:29 PM  
What part of the back ? Lumbar, cervical , or mid . I had lower back surgery on St Patrick`s day 2004 , two discs had to be fused together and it took almost three months to be able to get around without too much pain . I still get shooting pains down my leg when I over work it . Hope your dad is well enough to hunt .
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
11 Nov 2008 10:34 PM  
he's doing better, but still feels how he did before the surgery, it was the lower back they took out a disk on the left and right
SOUTHERN PRIDE
Fossilman
6 Point
6 Point

--
25 Oct 2009 10:01 PM  
I had a decompession on my spine,L3-L4-L5 and it took about a year to get back in shape enough to hunt.Still painful alot of times,hope your Dad heals good..............
God,family and friends,nothing better!!
lpd3k9
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Nov 2009 11:13 AM  
I know how your Dad feels! I had major back surgery in August and I'm pretty much going to miss the entire season this year. I'm hoping maybe late bow season, but it's not looking good. My kids feel the same way. Tell your Dad he's in our prayers.
Fossilman
6 Point
6 Point

--
27 Nov 2009 02:49 PM  
Well how did it go??????
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
28 Nov 2009 01:47 AM  
he still has back pain everyday
SOUTHERN PRIDE
Fossilman
6 Point
6 Point

--
29 Nov 2009 02:09 PM  
Its been five years since my surgery,my back still burns,but my pain in the legs went away(it was worst)....
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!