Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Jobs -- Losing one?
Last Post 13 Sep 2008 06:26 PM by countrygirl. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
AndyC
6 Point
6 Point

--
05 Sep 2008 05:19 AM  
Just found out that my dad is losing his job.  His factory is shutting up shop and moving South.  Severence package of $50 per year that he worked there.  A real kick in the nuts.  No healtcare at 52!  I hope he finds something quickly.

Has anyone else on her either lost their job or had a family member who has in the past year? It sure does seem like many descent paying jobs are disapering in this country.  Especially for folks like my dad.  Rigth now my brother is working for a construction company and he is making $11 an hour.  He runs a crew of Mexicans that work for $8 hour and they are legals.  Where does it end?
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
05 Sep 2008 10:32 AM  
Sorry to hear about that Andy, I'd hate to loose my job at this age and have to start looking for another one, I hear Conoco-Phillips (refinery) is hiring up in woodriver for all kinds of positions if you want to pass that along to dad, and the steel mill will be hiring soon too. We have a new contract to be ratified next tuesday, and they plan on doing some hiring afterwards. I wish him luck.

slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
05 Sep 2008 10:45 AM  
Hey Andy, I got me a fall shotgun turkey permit, you gonna put me on one of them monster gobblers????
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
05 Sep 2008 06:08 PM  
Sorry to hear about your Dad.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
AndyC
6 Point
6 Point

--
05 Sep 2008 06:21 PM  
It sucks I would hate to be lookin also.

Yes... there are a couple monster up at the farm. I don't have a fall permit but you are welcome to hunt. If you want to call them maybe we can try to call two in. I would love to nail one with the bow. Let me know if you go up and I will at least come over and have coffee with you and Connie.
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
06 Sep 2008 12:09 PM  
I'll let ya know Andy, It'll be the last week of October going into november, last year Connie ask that guy that lives in Zekas old place if I could go back in there where you hunt, He didn't mind then, I wonder if he'd still thinks it's ok. I dang near got lost back in there. Man, is it thick back in there. I did find one of your ladder stands.
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
12 Sep 2008 05:15 PM  
Try this, I messed up the last post sorry... Hey Steve, My hubby has his resume in at the mill for a Mill Wright. He's worked the same company for 12 years now. But needs to go where the money and overtime are. Hope the Mill calls him soon. But he's been waiting sence May for a call!!! I think he should reapply. But he said they told him they already have all his info. the waitin sucks
Dobber
8 Point
8 Point

--
13 Sep 2008 01:03 AM  
with the economics the way they are its only going to get worse.
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
13 Sep 2008 09:56 AM  
Our new contract was ratified and and between now and the first of the year there is going to be alot of people retiring, I would tell him to be relentless on making sure they still have his application, cause there are people scheduled to take the pre-employment test as we speek.
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
13 Sep 2008 06:26 PM  
Posted By slawman on 09/13/2008 3:56 AM
Our new contract was ratified and and between now and the first of the year there is going to be alot of people retiring, I would tell him to be relentless on making sure they still have his application, cause there are people scheduled to take the pre-employment test as we speek.

Steve he got his call!!!! He has to shedule his testing now for machanical, and electrical!!!! He's been studying up.. He wants to score realy high!!! Higher the score the more money he starts out in...
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!