Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Another evacuation- hurricane gustov
Last Post 03 Sep 2008 07:12 PM by Howard. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
31 Aug 2008 05:45 AM  
Well,  the people we evacuated to for Hurricane Katrina have invited us to evacuate for Hurricane Gustov.  It appears that this will be like another Katrina, except that New Orleans will be on the East side of the storm which is the worst part of the storm. 
This time I am living in a second floor apartment, so hopefully the 100+ mph winds will not destroy the apartment, and hopefully the city and surrounding areas will not flood....again.
Please keep those of us in Louisiana in your prayers for a safe outcome.  
I'll make a new report when something happens, as long as we still have electricity.
Take care.
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
31 Aug 2008 11:24 AM  
May God be with you all.
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
31 Aug 2008 06:33 PM  
Prayers from here in Bama.Becareful and God be with you.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
Howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
01 Sep 2008 07:07 PM  
9-1-08 1:05pm
Got some pretty strong wids blowing around and rain. So far we still have electricity. Worried about my home town and the inercoastal waterway. Videos show high water and waves overtopping some walls by the waterway. Hopefully we don't get 80% flooding like Katrina.
Howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
03 Sep 2008 07:12 PM  
9-3-08 1:00pm
About 2 minutes after my last update the power went our for about 31 hours. I have video and pictures of the storm that I'll post at some point. 1.4 million homes/businesses without power. Many parishes (counties to everyone else) are over 50-60% without power. Some parishes are 100% without power. 13 of 14 major transmission lines across the state are damaged. It's a good thing I didn't have much in the freezer and refridgerator. I'm fearful that the apartment is damaged and I'd again be homeless while trying to work.

Take care, and as usual I ask for your continued prayers for the sick, elderly, and homeless due to Hurricane Gustav.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!