Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

On the eve of a bad anniversary
Last Post 04 Sep 2008 03:31 PM by btr568. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
28 Aug 2008 09:10 PM  
Well, tomorrow, August 29 2008 is the third anniversary of Hurricane Katrina making landfall in Louisiana then onto Mississippi.  Many people down here have mixed feelings, but things are turning around.

With the anniversary comes news of another hurricane with it's eye currenly forecast to hit Louisiana between New Orleans and Houma.  I don't have anything personally invested with the area since the house I used to live in was destroyed by Katrina, but I do live in an apartment and do wonder if another terrible strike hits the economy of the area will crumble.

btr568
6 Point
6 Point

--
04 Sep 2008 03:31 PM  
Okay I'm fixing to get banned,but I gotta say it.You need to get your facts straight,Katrina hit Mississippi,it made land fall here not in La.Most of the Mississippi coast was wiped out and destroyed,most of the deaths happened here also.All you guys had was a flood,what do you expect you live in a city THAT is 13 feet below sea level(thats including below the water level of the Mississippi River).I realize you lost your home,sorry that you did.If you don't like to swim you need to more to higher ground,ie:Baton Rouge,some place.Hurricanes are a fact of life down here,if your that parnoid about them then you should leave the coast all together.From the time the weather service starts tracking a hurricane it usually takes a week before it gets here,thats plenty of time to get your stuff,guns,cars whatever and get it someplace safe.I lost stuff too,I'll lose more stuff from hurricanes before I give up the ghost.But what I've done once I can do again,it's called not giving up.I spent Katrina on LPD 17 at Northrup Grumman docks with the ship tied to the dock(I ride with the storm crews)Most of the guys that rode that strom lost their cars from the storm surge,I didn't had my brother in law drop me off at the gate(I pay attention to what they say).For every storm the weather service knows how high the surge is above regular sea level,Katrina"s was predicted at 18' to 24' feet,that meant everything along the coast was going to be under a wall of water for at least 5 hours.Again sorry for the rant,it's not actually aimed at you,but again it is,Katrina is dead and done,it's in the past,you need to get over it and get on with life,we have.When Katrina actualy came ashore it was a small Cat 4 storm,with global warming you better belieave Cat 4 and Cat 5's will become common place,what then?
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!