Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
college
Last Post 21 Sep 2008 04:02 PM by btr568. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
26 Aug 2008 02:07 PM  
The other day me and my great uncle were talkn, and he asked me if I would go to college if someone paid my way, he has a 2 story house on 10 acres in vero beach fl and due to all the property taxes and rising prices he is going to sell it, and told me to think about college, id like to go to be a game warden or a wildlife biologist but I didnt really pay attention in school, but I still graduated, and math is definatly not my thing I didnt even pass algebra 1. I dont know what to do.
SOUTHERN PRIDE
Howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
27 Aug 2008 03:08 AM  
If you want to be a game warden at least aim for an associates degree. For a wildlife biologist you may have togo to and complete college. Here in Louisiana jobs with the fish and wildlife service are civil service and may not require a degree, but there are tests to pass.

Best of luck
Howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
27 Aug 2008 03:09 AM  
If you want to be a game warden at least aim for an associates degree. For a wildlife biologist you may have togo to and complete college. Here in Louisiana jobs with the fish and wildlife service are civil service and may not require a degree, but there are tests to pass.

Best of luck
AndyC
6 Point
6 Point

--
27 Aug 2008 04:25 AM  
What to do!! Take him up on it. If he is going to pay your way then you should be all over it. You might have to take a few remidial courses but most colleges degrees are not really heavy in math. If you read your material and show interest most college professors make sure to give you the help you need to pass.
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
28 Aug 2008 05:29 PM  
yea, I have to wait ill things pick back up for the house market in florida so he can sell the house, in fl to be a gamewarden you have to apply got to a school for 29 weeks pass all the tests and then go were they put you, or go to the coast guards for 3 yrs, but the criminal justice classes would look alot better. Im not sure what you need for a wildlife biologist. Im about to start working here in sept, I want to get a truck and my stuff together and we will see what happens from there.
SOUTHERN PRIDE
Dakota Danny
6 Point
6 Point

--
21 Sep 2008 04:51 AM  
I agree college is a great way to improve your career options.

If you are focused enough and dedicated to your goal, you can earn a degree. I guarantee you that someone with less math ability has done it before you. The key is to work hard!

I would second the idea of a community or junior college. That will minimize your expenses and keep your challenging classes in smaller size. If you go to a major university, you may have more fun right away, but you may struggle to find someone who cares about you when they're teaching to 1000 kids in one algebra class.

Make sure the community college is accredited to the major schools in your area. Too many people waste money at a school where the credits will not transfer. An education is great, but remember that you are buying a product, make sure it will fit what you need it to fit, if it doesn't pick another school. Good luck, and don't sell yourself short!!! You can do it!
btr568
6 Point
6 Point

--
21 Sep 2008 04:02 PM  
Biologist would take a regular 4 year degree
Some states time in the Armed forces can apply to your job,or a 2 year degree or a combintion of both
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!