Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

treestands
Last Post 12 Sep 2008 03:57 AM by lcrebel56. 18 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
mississippihunter21
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Jul 2008 06:41 PM  
Does anybody else use a treestand .... i use one .... i have a home made black tree stand  .... it has run rests (2) and foot rest/arm rests(2) it is a good tree stand i love it .... tell me bout your tree stand if you use one
practice dont make perfect . . perfect practice makes perfect
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
04 Jul 2008 09:31 PM  
I use the Ol' Man climbers and several portable ladder stands.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
troyjen30
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
05 Jul 2008 02:56 PM  
I have several treestands mostly hang-on type. I also have a few ladder stands and I have a climber also but have used it very few times. A buddy showed me a website of a treestand I may look into very hard. Its called the Chippewa Wedge-Loc its a cool idea and in the long run it could be cheaper then to have multiple stands like I do. All you would have to do is purchase more of the rigging harness. He highly recommended them so check out the web-site. www.chippewawedgeloc.com
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
09 Jul 2008 07:35 PM  
I HAVE A SUMMIT VIPOR AND A GRAND OL MAN A TWO PERSON LADDER STAND AND A TRIPOD....I LIKE THE SUMMIT THE BEST....
MIKE EVERETT
bertman
6 Point
6 Point

--
11 Jul 2008 07:21 PM  
API grand slam supreme climbers
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
12 Jul 2008 12:59 AM  
I have one of the basspro ones 15ft and I got another 15 ft from sportsmansguide.com as soon as I get some money Ima get a 20 ft 2man
SOUTHERN PRIDE
Rocky Bluff Ranch
6 Point
6 Point

--
15 Jul 2008 12:46 AM  
We have many on the property!
I like family tradition stands the best made in Bartow fl. and you can hunt in them all day.
howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
20 Aug 2008 01:16 AM  
I use a summit viper and like it very much.
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime.
doeslayer
6 Point
6 Point

--
24 Aug 2008 12:57 AM  
I use a summit vipor and a couple different ladder stands
wake me up early, be good to my dogs and teach my children to pray.
AndyC
6 Point
6 Point

--
24 Aug 2008 07:33 PM  
My climber is a gorrilla model from Wal-Mart. Very similiar in style and comfort to the ole'man. I also have a couple ladder stand that I leave up in the same places and a few hang-ons that I have accumulated. The hangs-ons I move around to different stand locations.

I really want a lone wolf climber but the price is just too steep.
z3z528

--
26 Aug 2008 01:36 AM  
i got a summit viper as my climber.. and also i have a few hang ups n some home made ones that i made out of material from work
Ohio is where the Big Bucks Roam!!!
BigBuckStalker
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
26 Aug 2008 02:19 AM  
Hey ! 
        I am realy looking forward to this hunting season , but I only have one problem. I am looking for a good climber , because I am geting tired of geting busted al of the time. Here is where I run into the problem I want a new climber , but I am stuck between a Summit and an API . I am not realy a big man , but I think I would feel more comfortable in an API with the chains and all.
                                                 I wish someone who has a Summit or an API would give me some advice on what the would do.                          Thanks... 
sublime9787
6 Point
6 Point

--
26 Aug 2008 08:36 PM  
i have a few ladder stands and a few hang ons out. i also hunt some built stands.
colson
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
31 Aug 2008 04:03 AM  
Like a few of the others I have a Summit Viper as my climber (like it very much) and have a couple of hang ups.
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
31 Aug 2008 11:27 AM  
Gorilla , 2-man ladder stand, with camo blind wrapped around it, comfortable and lots of room to lay your stuff around you....300 dollar stand I got for 100 bucks....best 100 dollars I ever spent.
Paige
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Sep 2008 02:48 AM  
My husband has built most of our stands but I have a couple of people who have given me permission to hunt their properties. I am also in need of a good climbing stand. I am looking at a summit 180 or a lone wolf sit and climb. Any opinions out there on these stands?
kevin
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
11 Sep 2008 03:50 PM  
I've said it before & I'll say it again... Equalizer treestands. Any other climber that I'm aware of can't compare, including my Summit.
paulie
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
12 Sep 2008 03:41 AM  
I have three ladder stands(two singles and a double), two hang ons, and a climber. Have'nt used the climber yet(got at the end of last season), I also have an elavated box blind on a friends land. Oh yeah, and a portable ground blind(pop up style).
Spanky
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
12 Sep 2008 03:57 AM  
Just hought i would share my opinion on this matter... I have hunted out of alot of different climbers... I am a pretty good sized guy I weigh bout 240lbs..and I will never own anything but a summitt viper ever again.... I know there are some people who dont trust cables but as long as you get the teeth of that stand sunk in your not gonna go anywhere... Not only that but Where I live there are alot of steep ridges and its alot easier to carry that 20lb viper in than a 25-30 api.. hope that helps with your decision...
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!