Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

4WHEELERS
Last Post 26 Aug 2008 01:39 AM by z3z528. 33 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
01 Jul 2008 05:19 PM  
JUST KINDA THINKING ABOUT A NEW 4WHEELER ANY SUGESTIONS???/ ITHINK HONDA IS PROB THE BEST BUT I AM LEANING TOWARD  THE ARTIC CAT..THEY HAVE ALOT OF GREAT FEATURES...THE AUTO'S SCARE ME I WOULD RATHER HAVE TO SHIFT GEARS....GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS .......
MIKE EVERETT
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
01 Jul 2008 06:14 PM  
I have an Artic Cat 400 4x4 and love it.I have the manual shift trans with high and low range.Only advice I would say is keep an extra plug.I had mine in flooded rice and feilds in Ark a couple of times and the famous Alabama red mud and it hasn't let me down yet.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
BIG RED
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Jul 2008 07:46 PM  
i own a 2000 artic cat 500.bought it new in 2000.had very little trouble with it.it has been all over ohio,in ill.,and mich. several times .i use it for everything from farming,hunting and play.gets a tune-up every other year including oilchanges.it has the auto transmission and use it to pull things that it probably shouldn't be pulling like full hay wagons.will buy another one when the time comes.
life member nahc,nafc,amvets.
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
01 Jul 2008 07:49 PM  
I meant to say earlier that I love mine and like BigRed said will buy another when the time comes.
Tubby
trophyhunter
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Jul 2008 02:23 AM  
honda all the way
 have a 03 rancher and it has ben a good one i use it deer and turkey hunting  workng plots 
i outfit in illinois and carry it up to work on my plots and hang stands.it has never let me down.
ILLINOIS-TROPHY-BOWHUNTING.COM
Jeremiah Johnson
6 Point
6 Point

--
02 Jul 2008 02:10 PM  
'03 Honda Rancher works great for me. My family has abused 6 Hondas and they are extremely dependable. Most of my riding is in the mountains and independent rear suspension makes it easier to roll so I like the Honda's rear solid axle with swing arm suspension but the Arctic Cat might ride smoother with independent suspension.
Conner Spohn
6 Point
6 Point

--
03 Jul 2008 11:51 PM  
Posted By Jeremiah Johnson on 07/02/2008 8:10 AM
'03 Honda Rancher works great for me. My family has abused 6 Hondas and they are extremely dependable. Most of my riding is in the mountains and independent rear suspension makes it easier to roll so I like the Honda's rear solid axle with swing arm suspension but the Arctic Cat might ride smoother with independent suspension.

I am confused Mike. Why would IRS, make it easier to roll? I think it would be the other way around.
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
03 Jul 2008 11:55 PM  
On my Artic Cat the suspension has 3 or 4 different settings that adjusts the rate of travel.
Tubby
Rocky Bluff Ranch
6 Point
6 Point

--
06 Jul 2008 11:55 PM  
Buy a Honda and be done with it.
I have a Rincon 650 and its the best I have ever owned!
and many of my hunting buddies agree.
Buy Honda and you wont go wrong.
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
07 Jul 2008 12:07 AM  
There is no simple answer to this question,with out a doubt Artic Cat and Honda make some of the best 4 wheelers out there.
I own 2 Artic Cats my 400 4x4 and my son's 250 and no trouble out of either one.I am very happy with them.

(BOO Honda,sorry Ray,couldn't resist !)
Tubby
Rocky Bluff Ranch
6 Point
6 Point

--
07 Jul 2008 12:54 AM  
That's ok tubby.
But the other thing, you can buy one like the honda and it has both auto and shift.
I keep mine in the shift mode most of the time!!
Jeremiah Johnson
6 Point
6 Point

--
07 Jul 2008 03:18 PM  
Posted By overhill on 07/03/2008 5:51 PM
Posted By Jeremiah Johnson on 07/02/2008 8:10 AM

I am confused Mike. Why would IRS, make it easier to roll? I think it would be the other way around.

IRS allows the rear of the machine to "lean" to the low side when on a hill, this shifts the center of gravity (cg) farther over the lower of the rear wheels. When one side of the rear of the atv with the solid axle (swing arm) is compressed both sides go down which doesn't shift the cg any more down hill. Hope my laymen's explanation makes sense, someone else may be able to articulate this better than me.

PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
07 Jul 2008 03:28 PM  
I WOULD NOT THINK THAT IT WOULD..... I WOULD THINK THAT THE SOLID AXLE WOULD MAKE IT FLIP OR ROLL EASIER... SEEMS LIKE IRS YOU COULD KEEP MOORE TIRES ON THE GROUND....
MIKE EVERETT
mississippihunter21
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Jul 2008 03:24 AM  
i have a artic cat 400 4x4 with a warn winch trailar hitch and toolbox mounts and gun mounts
practice dont make perfect . . perfect practice makes perfect
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
09 Jul 2008 07:32 PM  
I WENT AND PRICED THE ARTIC CAT 400 THEY WANT $5700.00 OUT THE DOOR....AND 3.9% FOR 60 MONTHS DON'T SOUND BAD DOES IT??????
MIKE EVERETT
Rocky Bluff Ranch
6 Point
6 Point

--
10 Jul 2008 12:01 AM  
sounds about right to me!
but i have not had to buy one for some time now
400 is a good size to. not to big and not too small.
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
10 Jul 2008 12:14 AM  
Sounds like a pretty sweet deal,the 400 has plenty of power .
Tubby
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
10 Jul 2008 05:42 PM  
OTHER THAN THE MOTOR SIZE THERE IS NOT A DIFFERANCE IN THE 400-500 OR 650 IS THERE?????THE 400 IS $5700.00 THE 500 IS 6300 AND THE 650 IS 6600.00 THEY LOOK ABOUT THE SAME TO ME..SIZE WIZE.....MAN I WANT THIS THING BAD.. BUT I REALLY DO NOT WANT TO GO IN DEBT...BUT MY OLD ONE IS IN BAD SHAPE AND ONLY TWO WHEEL DRIVE ...YOU SEE I AM TRYING TO CONVENCE MYSELF I NEED THIS NEW ONE DON'RT YOU..... .
MIKE EVERETT
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
10 Jul 2008 06:25 PM  
I think that's right not but I'm not sure.The 400 will fit easily in the back of a truck(full size).In my opinion,you loose manuverablity with the bigger ones.
I will help convince you,if you will help convince my wife I need a new duck gun !LOL
Tubby
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
10 Jul 2008 06:38 PM  
DEAR TUBBY.....
I THINK ITS ABOUT TIME YOUR WIFE BOUGHT YOU A NEW DUCK GUN..THE OLD ONE YOU HAVE, IS JUST NOT CUTTING THE MUSTARD ANY MORE..WITH THE NEW GUNS OUT TODAY YOU WILL BE ABLE TO HIT MORE DUCKS ,THERE FOR YOU WILL BE ABLE TO BRING HOME THE BACON...AND FEED THE FAMILY....REMEMBER THAT NEW GUN WILL BE CHEEPER THAN HAVEING TO BUY ALL THAT DUCK MEAT....PLUS YOU COULD POSSABLE SHOOT SOME TURKEY, DOVE ,QUAIL AND DEER WITH THIS NEW GUN THAT YOUR LOVLY WIFE BUYS YOU.. YOUR FREIND PINETREE...
MIKE EVERETT
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!