Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
BEST BOWS OUT THERE???
Last Post 24 Oct 2009 03:56 PM by JBinMontana. 20 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
BOWHUNTER missouri
8 Point
8 Point

--
27 Jul 2007 04:23 AM  

the best bow out there !!! is a mathews switchback!!!!

GIT-R-DONE
cb
8 Point
8 Point

--
27 Jul 2007 04:23 PM  
I haven't shot all of the bows that are made but I own a Matthews Switchback and feel that it fits me well. I can shoot it accurrately out to 45 yards.
Phoenix
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Jul 2007 09:26 PM  
Bowhunter, there are a ton of great bows out there, this thread will only lead to bad things........ i will take any Hoyt over any Mathews any day of the week.
To Hunt or Not to Hunt, that is the question? While your pondering that, i'll be in the woods. My Values are the Army Values; Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage.
Pfc. Chris Smith
Phoenix
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Jul 2007 09:26 PM  
Bowhunter, there are a ton of great bows out there, this thread will only lead to bad things........ I will take a Hoyt over any Mathews any day of the week
To Hunt or Not to Hunt, that is the question? While your pondering that, i'll be in the woods. My Values are the Army Values; Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage.
Pfc. Chris Smith
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
27 Jul 2007 11:16 PM  
I have only owned 2 bows,a Bear and PSE and I really like my PSE.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
BOWHUNTER missouri
8 Point
8 Point

--
28 Jul 2007 12:19 AM  
my first bow was a PSE and it was a good bow. i've killed all my deer with that bow. intill the rocker broke in it. some guys i work with we go shoot at the bow shop and he sells mathews bows and hoyts . i was trying out new bows to buy and he let me try the switchback and i fell in love with it. it shoots quit and fast . PHoenix I'm not saying all other bows at good. they are! I like mathews bows ! hope Ididn't afend ya ? sorry if i did.
GIT-R-DONE
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
28 Jul 2007 01:42 AM  
No offene taken here
Tubby
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
28 Jul 2007 01:44 AM  
sorry about the spelling!I took no offense.A bow is like any thing else in the world,different people like different things.
Tubby
lumberrick
6 Point
6 Point

--
28 Jul 2007 02:45 AM  
The best bow is one that you have confidence with during an actual hunting situation. Honestly, I don't even know what brand my bow is. I know that I can hit a deer with it though. But, if overpriced brand name products get your blood boiling, go for it. My son has a bow he paid $75.00 for, with arrows, quiver, sights, broadheads etc.
He had shot 7 "nice" bucks with it, including a 145 incher two years ago. He had never missed a shot at a deer with it. I think it is a "box bow" from Walmart. Any bow is good in the hands of the right "man" or "woman".
lumberrick
6 Point
6 Point

--
28 Jul 2007 02:49 AM  
Posted By lumberrick on 07/27/2007 8:45 PM
The best bow is one that you have confidence with during an actual hunting situation. Honestly, I don't even know what brand my bow is. I know that I can hit a deer with it though. But, if overpriced brand name products get your blood boiling, go for it. My son has a bow he paid $75.00 for, with arrows, quiver, sights, broadheads etc.
He had shot 7 "nice" bucks with it, including a 145 incher two years ago. He had never missed a shot at a deer with it. I think it is a "box bow" from Walmart. Any bow is good in the hands of the right "man" or "woman".

"Never sharpen a boomerang"
Phoenix
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
28 Jul 2007 02:57 AM  
bowhunter, none taken, things like this get some people s blood boiling and i don't want to see the post get locked
Pfc. Chris Smith
BOWHUNTER missouri
8 Point
8 Point

--
28 Jul 2007 03:26 AM  
I didn't want affend anybody. mathews bow wasn't my first chose . I have looked at a parker bow at bass pro. I like it but the service was bad!!!! so I didn't buy it. this guy at work was telling me about mathews bows and told me go look at one. so when we all went to go shoot after work I tryed out the swicthback and liked it. that bow has to last me a long time. because ,I can't afford abow like evey time abow wears out. theres guy at work he's big hoyt guy we give each other a hard time on switchback and hoyts bows. that PSE .I bought it from guy at work years ago and I loved I really hated not to shoot it anymore but my 5 year old son took it over he wants to go hunting with me with that PSE.
GIT-R-DONE
cb
8 Point
8 Point

--
28 Jul 2007 04:50 AM  
"that PSE .I bought it from guy at work years ago and I loved I really hated not to shoot it anymore but my 5 year old son took it over he wants to go hunting with me with that PSE."

Take that boy huntin!!or scouting or when you put up stands.Get him to the woods, he is the future of our hunting heritage. You will love the company if nothing else.
BOWHUNTER missouri
8 Point
8 Point

--
28 Jul 2007 05:03 AM  
cb thats so true !!!!! he always ask me when i'm going to take him hunting with me. I took him with me last year where I did hunt at last year look around showed him were I killed my turkey with my bow and he loved it . he ask me were was the turkey at and I told him he is at home in the freezer. he told me he is going to a hunter like me it makes you feel good when your son wants to be like you!!!!
GIT-R-DONE
Dakota Danny
6 Point
6 Point

--
29 Jul 2007 06:32 AM  
The perfect bow is too subjective. Make it objective...glad you have your favorites...let us practice and prepare for the next season. So that our shots are ethical and appropriate. Not only will we have full freezers but also have given something for the younger up and coming hunters to see!
eversboys
6 Point
6 Point

--
29 Jul 2007 03:47 PM  
PSE all the way!
move once, ive gotcha
move twice, youre dead
willfish
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Aug 2007 05:13 AM  
HCA and practice every day.
Dakota Danny
6 Point
6 Point

--
18 Aug 2007 10:16 PM  
I like the work that the folks at archery talk did. They really looked at several top line bows for 2007. They did objective tests with documentation on how they did the tests. They only stopped short of certifying the results similar to a consumer's guide. Regardless, I like the way they post the methods and results in great detail. It would give anyone some good food for thought. If I were looking for speed or KE, their tests would give me a few good bows to shoot.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showt...p?t=509567

We can all have our opinions. There are many great bows. These tests don't mean much if the bow isn't comfortable to you.
doeslayer
6 Point
6 Point

--
19 Aug 2007 06:17 PM  
No argument from me.
wake me up early, be good to my dogs and teach my children to pray.
4thgeneration
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
13 Oct 2009 01:20 AM  

Ok>> I have only hunted with fire arms and have harvested many deer and other game. I have raised my son to love the out doors and especialy hunting. He wants to Bow hunt because he has a longer hunting season( makes me very proud) I have not the first clue about a bow. When I have been to the local bow shops they all want to sale me 300 to 700$ bows. I want to get me and him both bows that are affordable that we can both learn with before I put that kind of money into it.. any ideas on what to do? I know that I will end up buying a more expensive bow later.but I am looking for a cheap start.

Thanks!

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!