Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
23 Years and I FINALLY Got a good one!
Last Post 20 Nov 2011 04:33 AM by Yheti. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Yheti
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
18 Nov 2011 02:17 AM  
November 4th, 2011 at 6:03pm....
After a long week at the hunting camp I finaly nailed a beauty! 10 point Whitetail with the longest tines measuring in at 9 and 9.5 inches. From my treestand the shot was broadside at 32yrds. He only made it 15yrds before he "shovel-nosed".

I called him in using a Primos doe in estrus call that I have had for nearly 20 years. He was chasing a mama and her little one and moving away from me at about 45yrds. After several failed call attempts, I said screw it and called so loud I thought for sure I would have spooked the whole woods but instead it turned this big boy around and made him bee-line straight to my stand! He wound up on a trail that went to a couple scrapes I was hunting over and gave me a wide open 32yrd shot broadside! Used my Martin Tracer LT at 65lbs and Easton Gamegetter Aluminim shafts( I seem to get much tighter grouping with the old school aluminums). I measured his chest (heart girth) and got 41 inches which shows an average live weight of approx 204lbs. Would love some opinions on if you all think he might make Pope and Young... I didn't tape him because I honestly don't understand the method to do so and this is the first "big boy" I've shot in my 23 year hunting career! I'll find out from my taxidermist, he said you need to wait 60 days dry time anyways and he doesn't like to speculate for fear of disappointing people but I would love to get some guesses anyways for "Thanksgiving Day Table Bragging" (huuuge thing in my family) lol. Anyways here he is:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Rocky Bluff Ranch
6 Point
6 Point

--
19 Nov 2011 01:40 AM  
That is one great buck!!!!
Pope and young are not BRAGGING RIGHTS are yours.
Where is your property?
Ron
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Nov 2011 02:39 PM  
Super nice deer, and congrats to you. Scores don't count for anything, unless you are interested in getting your name in a book. The real trophy is in your perception of the kill! Even an 80 lb doe can be a trophy in some folks eyes. BTW, from the pics, I'd questimate high 130's to low 150's.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Second Amendment Foundation, DU, QDMA, ASA, OYOA, Everyday Hunter, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.
Yheti
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
20 Nov 2011 04:33 AM  
I am proud of this buck even if I never get him scored.... I totally agree. Best buck I've ever even had the opportunity to draw my bow on. 26 degrees out that morning so I had buck fever and cold weather shakes after an 8 hour treestand session. By 6pm that day I was frozen and almost came into the warm cabin early. Persistance pays off! I am just so happy the mount is gonna be awesome and I get to remember that day for a loooooong time to come!

The camp I hunt out of is in Italy Valley New York.

Thanks for the kind responses guys!
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!