Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

First deer of the new season.
Last Post 26 Sep 2010 11:47 AM by jonesy. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Ron
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
30 Aug 2010 09:29 PM  
Well, last Friday evening at 7:30 PM, I shot and killed my first deer of the new season. It was a cull buck, and I shot him at approsimately 40 yards with my Ruger mod.77 in .308, using Winchester 150 grain power point bullets. The deer came out onto one of my food plots that are planted in clay and iron peas. He was facing me, head-on, but when he put his head down to eat, I shot him in the spine at the junction of his neck and body. This deer was dead before he hit the ground. Since this was the 12th day of the season, I am anticipating a great year. The deer, himself isn't anything to brag about, as it was a 1 1/2 year old 125lb, 3 point. I have been trying to get this gene out of my herd for a couple of years now, but I can't seem to get a chance at the 5-6 year old dominant buck that sports a single spike on one side and a fork on the other. I've seen him, and I've gotten pictures of him, just can not get him into a position to bag him.
Hopefully, this will be the season that I succeed in taking the old boy.

Hope everyone else has a great season.

NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Second Amendment, DU, NWTF, QDMA, SportsmenNA, Everyday Hunter, and PROUD SC redneck REBEL for life. If the South had won the war, Obama wouldn't be in the White House.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Second Amendment Foundation, DU, QDMA, ASA, OYOA, Everyday Hunter, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.
bill
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
31 Aug 2010 10:59 AM  
that is a good start. where do you hunt? i hunt the Chapin/Ballentine area. i've seen a 5 point and 3 point and some does but have not shot yet. the 3 point needs to go though. good luck the rest of the season.
Ron
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
31 Aug 2010 03:24 PM  
Lowcountry, Hampton County. I used to be roommates with a guy from Chapin, his old man was the Mayor. John Shealey, we sold pianos and organs for Hall of Music, and lived in Statesboro, GA. I know that there are a beaucoup of Shealey's up there.

Good luck to you, with your season!!!!!!!!!
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Second Amendment Foundation, DU, QDMA, ASA, OYOA, Everyday Hunter, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.
jonesy
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
26 Sep 2010 11:47 AM  
Sounds like a good start!!!!Congrats!!
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!