Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Just dropped a big buck for 2009 !!
Last Post 29 Nov 2009 10:44 PM by WANTABIGBUCK. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
19 Oct 2009 02:59 AM  

Thursday morning. Cold front moved in. Rain started to move out. I'm sitting in this buck's bedding area in an isolated stand of persimmon trees. And then this bad boy comes in chasing two different does just a little after sunrise. He stopped just long enough for me to squeeze off a shot at 40 yards. He made it about 50 yards out into the overgrown field they staged in from before piling up into the briars. Needless to say, there was no ground shrinkage on this guy!

tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
19 Oct 2009 03:20 AM  
Very nice buck ! You lucky rascal ! Congrats.How's the little one ?
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
BIG RED
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Oct 2009 02:23 PM  

nice deer.cograts on a successful season.

life member nahc,nafc,amvets.
WVHunter129
Forum Administrator
8 Point
8 Point

--
22 Oct 2009 04:39 PM  
Congrats on the really nice buck! Here in WV our archery season opened on October 17th (which is New River Gorge Bridge Day - idiot jump off the almost 900 foot tall bridge with parachutes) and I was in the woods ALL day. Saw several does but no bucks. A ton of squirrels were seen and about a dozen turkeys, but no bucks. Would love to get one like that with my bow!

Again congrats!!
WVHunter129
Live to Hunt/Hunt to Live
Forum Administrator
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
23 Oct 2009 11:00 PM  
Posted By tubby on 10/18/2009 9:20 PM
Very nice buck ! You lucky rascal ! Congrats.How's the little one ?

Briar is doing great! Thanks for asking. Yea, I'm a pretty lucky guy. Well, most of the time.

I did have a touch of bad luck last night. I pulled back on one last nite. As he got closer, saw that he was only a 6pt. So I go to let my bow down and "THWANG!!!", the string popped off the pulleys. That has never happened to me before. The buck spooked a little and scurried off. But what really sucked is that I'm left there with a bow that won't work and no way to restring it in the stand, and a nice 8pt walks right under me trailing the 6 point. Man, it was sad. All I could do was watch.<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message -->

BOWHUNTER missouri
8 Point
8 Point

--
24 Oct 2009 03:16 PM  
nice buck mcraddock. congrats!
GIT-R-DONE
skeeterbone
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
26 Oct 2009 10:45 AM  
Nice Buck my friend. I am in the army and currently stationed in Germany.. I have 16 days till i am back home in tennessee for good. Have not scouted anything this year. Gonna confrim my bow sights then hit my "honey hole" hopefully i will see/shoot a bigun like that...Once again congrats on a great buck
Fossilman
6 Point
6 Point

--
26 Oct 2009 05:32 PM  
Great buck,great pic................
God,family and friends,nothing better!!
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
29 Oct 2009 01:27 PM  
very nice buck congrats...... i love those dark horns...are you going to have him mounted???????
MIKE EVERETT
WANTABIGBUCK
12 Point
12 Point

--
29 Nov 2009 10:44 PM  
GREAT BUCK
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!