Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
From game cam to hitch hual
Last Post 29 Nov 2009 10:56 PM by WANTABIGBUCK. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
coolbreeze
6 Point
6 Point

--
04 Jan 2009 04:19 AM  

Crazy story about the harvest of this..  I watched this buck all summer and early fall on the trail cam,  I saw him live 3 times during the bow season then he vanished only to pop up again during the muzzleloader season but this time he had a nasty gun shot wound to his left front shoulder.  I had him in my scope at 47 yrds but I missed .  Thought I hit him because I saw blood in the snow where he was standing so I tracked him for 200 yrds only to jump him and watch him go another 100 yrds and lay down. I left him alone all night and went back in the morning only to jump him again and push him on to the neighboring property.  So I thought that he would make it and left him alone.  I returned to the same stand 3 days later only to find the buck laying within 10 yrds and staring right at me as I loaded my muzzleloader.  He never moved and just stared in my direction, I put the cross hairs on him again and pulled the trigger, he just layed his head down and was done..  I think that this deer was sick from the infection and had no clue that I was there.  He probably would have died in the next day or two. This deer smelled horrible from the wound on its leg...

rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
04 Jan 2009 04:43 AM  
congrats, that is a pretty nasty wound, was it a exit hole?
SOUTHERN PRIDE
coolbreeze
6 Point
6 Point

--
04 Jan 2009 04:55 AM  
Yea the original bullet hit him on the inside of the left leg under the I guess you could call it the armpit and exited out the side and made a massive wound and shattered the bone.. Very nasty
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
04 Jan 2009 03:43 PM  
I'm glad you got to put your hands on him at least. Never finding one after that has happened is one of the worst and all-consuming feelings I've ever felt.

Congrats on the awesome buck Coolbreeze. I bet you hardly slept a wink those three days after initially losing him.
coolbreeze
6 Point
6 Point

--
04 Jan 2009 10:11 PM  
Yea I felt horrible I was sure that I hit him with the first shot and I just kept thinking that I put this buck in more pain ! I shot my gun the next day just to make sure that is was me not the gun that missed, The gun was dead on at 100yrds and 2 inches high at 50yrds. Just glad that he didn't have to suffer anymore than he did.
dman12
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Jan 2009 10:26 PM  
that is still a nice buck
jkoehler
Forum Moderator
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
08 Feb 2009 10:44 PM  
Congrats
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.'
mark14
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 May 2009 07:41 PM  
thats to bad for him, but he's a nice one
doeslayer
6 Point
6 Point

--
09 Jul 2009 06:58 PM  
Congrats. Thats awesome that you have cam pic's and now the Rack, makes a great story
wake me up early, be good to my dogs and teach my children to pray.
WANTABIGBUCK
12 Point
12 Point

--
29 Nov 2009 10:56 PM  
NICE BUCK
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!