Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Proudest Opening Day with my Son.
Last Post 16 Dec 2008 01:08 PM by jkoehler. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
U.P.Buck-Master
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
14 Dec 2008 01:21 AM  

I shot this November 15, 2008 (Opening Day) - at  8:00 A.M.  in the Upper Penisula of Michigan, with my 30-30 rifle.  My son and i were sitting in the post when we started to hear him crashing around through the swamp.  He was in full rut on a doe.  He came out from the right side at almost a dead run- I lead him with my gun- let out a grunt on my call and he stopped for a split second - i shot him through the lungs.  My 11 yr old son was so exited, he jumped up and raced out the door, I had to stop him so we wouldnt jump him up too bad.  The most exciting thing about this day was seeing the look on my son's face when we walked up on that buck.  The thought of knowing that this memory will stay with him as he turns into a great outdoorsman is a proudest feeling.

This is my buck caped out- I am going to have him head mounted.  He is an 8 pointer with 17 in spread.

Ron
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
14 Dec 2008 05:38 AM  
awesome job. and what a great way to introduce our great sport to another youngster. keep'em out there and get him shooting.
leave a message after the beep... me and the boy is hunting
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
14 Dec 2008 01:02 PM  
Great story and nice buck ! Congrats to both of you and a perfect opening day !
Kansas Droptine
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Dec 2008 12:42 PM  
I love the story.... nice buck, but the greatest joy in hunting is introducing the next generation to the outdoors.... I think you have a hunting partner for life. Congrats!
jkoehler
Forum Moderator
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
16 Dec 2008 01:08 PM  
Congrats Nice story
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.'
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!