Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

2008 bow buck
Last Post 29 Nov 2009 11:00 PM by WANTABIGBUCK. 16 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
rjunn
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
12 Dec 2008 12:05 AM  
Longin4Kansas
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
12 Dec 2008 07:45 AM  

Nice Buck!!!

That photobucket thing is kind of a pain though. So I'll post the pic for ya

Longin4Kansas
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
12 Dec 2008 07:46 AM  
You didn't hit him with your white car there did you? Just kidding.
rjunn
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
12 Dec 2008 09:21 AM  
thanks I was on here 2hours trying to put this on here. cant figuer out what i was doing wrong
HawgNSons.Com
6 Point
6 Point

--
12 Dec 2008 01:36 PM  
Nice Buck!...I just don't understand...WHY NO ONE ...takes the time to take a NICE photo...TO LAST A LIFETIME...In a natural setting....LIKE 10 FEET BEHIND YOU....IN THE WOODS...WITH YOUR HUNTING CLOTHS ON & THE WEAPON YOU HARVESTED THE ANIMAL WITH...................WHAT WOULD IT HAVE TAKEN...AN EXTRA 3 MINUTES!.....THAT NOT ONLY WOULD HAVE LOOKED 100000% BETTER......IT WOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU/OTHERS....MARKETING PROSSIBLITIES....TO GET SOME FREE GEAR!.....................JUST A THOUGHT GUYS!......TRY IT NEXT TIME.....YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED!
Be a Hawg in the Game...of YOUR Choice!
Longin4Kansas
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
12 Dec 2008 04:08 PM  
You mean I could make money killin deer? Where do you market pictures of dead deer, even if they are taken well. I always try to take my own pics. Get the tripod and get everything set up right, get the blood off the deer and stuff the tongue back in the mouth, then takes lots of different pics from lots of different angles so I can choose the best ones to keep. Then other times I have my father take the pic and am almost always dissapointed in them like this one

or this

I was happy in these pictures but I know you can't tell
These are terrible,  and they are the best shots i got of these two bucks. What is with my face?

I agree you should try to take great pics but but you gotta think ahead a little to do it.
HawgNSons.Com
6 Point
6 Point

--
12 Dec 2008 07:04 PM  
Well than THINK ahead!...find the poses you like..that make the animal & you look great, BEFORE YOU NEED TO UTILIZE THEM...You are on the right track...esp Digital photos...take 100's... you can always delete the one's you don't like...Sometimes I understand you get cought up in the moment...the best pictures of my latest buck...i deleted, because the tongue was hanging out...Believe me...I reprimanded my camera man for that..Also I told him...ALWAYS, ALWAYS...KEEP THE WHOLE ANIMAL IN THE PICTURE...you can always go back and crop out what you want...as you see...he's still learning...I can only do so much when I'm in front of the camera...some stuff SHOULD be common sense.
Make money harvesting animals?...The bigger the animal...increases the probability that you can gain gear/money...the better quality the photo/video just increase that probability!....Where?...USE YOUR GOD GIVEN ABILITY TO REASON...start with the products you use...send them all pictures & your storey ...telling them something like..."they were instrumental in the success of your hunt"
rjunn
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
13 Dec 2008 12:55 PM  
well sorry Hawg. sometimes situations occure that we cant control.this was one of those days.
also ive been deer hunting for 30yrs and never wanted to make money from it. i hunt for the
enjoyment and the challenge of outsmarting an old buck.
I do have photos where the deer fell, this one just showed the deer better
HawgNSons.Com
6 Point
6 Point

--
13 Dec 2008 06:30 PM  
RJUNN...How can you say you don't want to make money from it?...So lets get this strait...if you could get your hunting gear free...you WOULDN'T take it?...BULLSHITE!...And If you could quit your present job and hunt for a living...YOU would say NO...I LOVE listening to my boss..and WORKING for the rest of my life?...I'd say...YOU ARE SO FULL OF SHITE!
HawgNSons.Com
6 Point
6 Point

--
13 Dec 2008 06:33 PM  
Oh...And NEVER said anything about where the animal falls.....WHAT I DID SAY...A NATURAL SETTING THAT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS WHERE THE ANIMAL FELL....LIKE 10 YARDS BEHIND YOU!
ontarioben
6 Point
6 Point

--
14 Dec 2008 12:45 AM  
Great looking deer rjunn , and as far as getting free gear for your pictures who gives a crap. I was always told and have learned that nothing in this world is free there are always strings attached like some hunting publications they promise you all this free stuff and then overcharge for their waste of paper of a magazine . Besides that some people like myself hunt alone and wait until arriving home to take pics , and there isn`t any natural settings around for backdrop .
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
14 Dec 2008 01:00 PM  
Great looking buck. A superb trophy !

It doesn't matter where you take the pic or how he's positioned, as long as you are happy with it. If you wanted to take a different pic, I'm sure you could have. The difference in the photos of my trophies from when I started hunting to now is night and day. But I chose to start think about settings when I looked at some of my old photos and realized that I wish I had done it diffrerent. I do all that preping and positioning now, and have gotten laughed at for doing it. Doesn't matter, I'm happy with it. Same way I chewed my brother out for sawing the horns off a beautiful 8 point. His best deer to date ! Why? He didn't want to have it mounted. I argued that a skull mount is only $75 bucks! Then he regretted not keeping the head whole. Heck, I do my own european mounts on every buck I kill that is 8 points or less. I have over 20 shoulder mounts in my home. But in the end, he did what made him happy and so did I.
Kansas Droptine
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Dec 2008 12:52 PM  
Wow! What a great buck.... I think this got a little off track, we are here to brag about our hunting adventures and show off the deer we harvest. I would like to hear the story of the hunt. The free stuff would be great, but is that why we spend so much time in the timber? Congrats on a great buck!
rjunn
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
16 Dec 2008 11:03 AM  
not much of a story on this deer i was just huting a funnel where 3 trails come together and he came cruising
by. from the time i first saw him til i made a 15yd shot was only about 20 seconds. the mass on this deer is
what made me know he was a shooter. he ran about 60yds after the shot stopped to turn and look around
and fell over. i was shaking so bad from exitement it took me a long time to get out of my treestand.
green score was 158 5/8 gross 150 3/8 net with 41in of mass.
field dressed at 166lbs.
trinitydeerslayer
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
07 Jan 2009 11:32 PM  
rjunn,

that is a helluva nice deer. That thing is so big it's be real hard to take a bad pic. Congratulations to you!

Somone else...needs...to chill.
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
08 Jan 2009 02:09 AM  
why does it matter were the picture was taken or what you look like in the picture, thats a awsome buck and that day will be in your memory for ever, my pictures have the deers tongue hangen out, blood on the ground and the deer, and a big dip in my lip, but i have the skull mounts on my wall and can still tell you exactly what happend and were I shot it.
SOUTHERN PRIDE
WANTABIGBUCK
12 Point
12 Point

--
29 Nov 2009 11:00 PM  
NICE BUCK
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!