Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
First big buck after 20+ years hunting!
Last Post 29 Nov 2009 10:54 PM by WANTABIGBUCK. 33 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
Ron
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Dec 2008 02:14 PM  
congrats on the buck. and way to keep positive after twenty years of hunting. well deserved!
Are you getting him mounted???
leave a message after the beep... me and the boy is hunting
Housley
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Dec 2008 07:24 AM  
Busted, thank you for your comment that means alot to me. I will tell this story to anyone who will listen because it did take me so long to get here. I went hunting again last weekend and only seen deer at a long distance but I was so content to just be there and I didn't feel pressured at all. I'm not a trophy hunter per say but always wanted a big buck. I went deer hunting as I said this last weekend and ended up with a canadian goose. I found a couple Wildlife game rangers roaming the area and told them about a wounded goose I seen along the road close by. The ended up giving me the goose! It had died of it's injury, two large pellet holes! The bird was hit good but not vitally enough for an instant fall from the sky so I guess it glided in to my hunting area and the rest is cooked. Really I cooked it and ate it with my family of 7. I found a sweet cooking recipe called Windsor Goose and along with some deer steak from the very buck I'm posting about so much, mashed potatoes and gravey with some green beans. All american dinner at an all american home. The goose was a foriener but welcome at the table.     
Housley
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Dec 2008 07:25 AM  
wbowhunter, thank you for commenting on the fact I kept positive. I pray alot and that helped me.
tszakelyhidio
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Dec 2008 02:30 PM  
sweet buck dr pepper congratlations
Housley
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
05 Dec 2008 05:39 AM  
tszakelyhidio, Thank you very much for the congrats.
Rocky Bluff Ranch
6 Point
6 Point

--
08 Dec 2008 12:37 AM  
great job and thanks for the story!!
Housley
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
11 Dec 2008 07:01 AM  
Rocky Bluff Ranch, Thank you for the comment. I see you like to hunt all over, give Montana a try, you will love it!
WANTABIGBUCK
12 Point
12 Point

--
17 Dec 2008 12:51 AM  
NICE BUCK CONGRATS TO YA ON HIM
Housley
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
18 Dec 2008 01:29 PM  
Wantabigbuck, thank you and yes I did!
mark14
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 May 2009 07:50 PM  
that sounded like a great hunt. nice buck
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
11 May 2009 02:13 AM  
Congrats!! Thats a realy nice buck you took. And thanks for sharing the story...
doeslayer
6 Point
6 Point

--
09 Jul 2009 06:53 PM  
Congrats Dr. Pepper that was a great story. It just goes to show that if you love to hunt somehow everything works out so that you can.
wake me up early, be good to my dogs and teach my children to pray.
Goldy
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Aug 2009 04:25 AM  
Hey dr. pepper. I would like to give you my sincere congrats. very nice deer. You have to treasure moments like that. I really hope you don't have to wait another 20 years for another one. the very best of luck to you this year. goldy
WANTABIGBUCK
12 Point
12 Point

--
29 Nov 2009 10:54 PM  
SORRY NO PHOTOS
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!