Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

First Bow Season, First Bow Kill
Last Post 06 Jan 2009 08:00 PM by sueg . 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
DXTHuntress2008
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Nov 2008 12:18 PM  
This is my first bow season, I have shot in an archery league for the last 4 years and in May 2008, we have a banquet and they archery shop where i shoot auctions off  two brand new Mathews Bows, well i was one of the lucky winners to get one, so now i have a Mathews DXT, so i decided that i wanted to Bow Hunt and with much practice on a daily basis from May to October as that is when Bow season starts here, I felt i was ready to at least try, so a hunting i go. I was out probally 15 times since Oct 1st and on the 18th my boyfriend, my oldest son, and myself head to the woods and get set up in our trees around 6am, and about 7: 50 am i look up and here stand this nice looking 8 point buck, at that point i have seen does and many little bucks so i chose to try for this one, and after wandering around in front and to the left of my stand he wanders slightly to the right of my stand, and i am being ever so quiet and moving ever so slow, he stops and i pull back my bow and got a great shot on him, hitting 2ribs going in, catching the liver and right thru one of his lungs coming out his left shoulder
I will say that i love my DXT and I love bow hunting and am forever hooked
DXTHuntress2008
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Nov 2008 12:37 PM  
Tried to add pics and i guess i don't know how lol but they are on my profile under first bow season first bow kill album if you would like to look at them

bigben
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Nov 2008 07:10 PM  
congradulations/ be careful its addicting
cfiloteo3
6 Point
6 Point

--
03 Nov 2008 12:51 AM  
Congrats, can't wait to see the pics.
Crystal City,
Zavala County,
Deep South Texas
ontarioben
6 Point
6 Point

--
03 Nov 2008 02:10 AM  
Nice deer Sue, congrats on winning the bow and on a successful hunt.
heightman55
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Nov 2008 09:50 PM  
very nice deer congrats. P.S. were in Mi. my children live in port huron should I go and visit them lol
Kansas Droptine
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
26 Nov 2008 12:45 PM  
Nice deer. Congrats on multiple levels. My first buck didn't look like that...haha
mike243
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Nov 2008 10:49 AM  
congrats,mike243
Ron
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Dec 2008 02:19 PM  

nice buck. I have been bowhunting a looooong time and haven't takin a nice buck like that yet. congrats!!!
leave a message after the beep... me and the boy is hunting
DXTHuntress2008
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
06 Jan 2009 08:00 PM  
Thank you to all of you for the Congrats!!   I was so excited that day and to be honest i still am 
good luck to all in the seasons to come
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!