15+ years hunting, still no deer.
Last Post 01 Nov 2012 04:04 AM by otroym. 2 Replies.
Author Messages
Troy
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
30 Oct 2012 08:27 PM  
Hi y'all, New member here. I have been hunting off and on for the last 15 years or so. I have yet to harvest a whitetail deer. Here in east central Illinois there are plenty of deer. This is the first year that I have hunted as much as I have(due to being laid-off). I have seen plenty of deer just out of my comfortable bow range. I missed a doe at 15-20 yards early in the season.

Just wanting to know if anyone can give me some helpful info to help me put some meat in the freezer.
John W
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
31 Oct 2012 01:51 PM  
Not trying to be a smart-ass but..... practice, practice, practice. To be more succinct. Practice from a tree stand shooting down, practice from a draw where the deer is above you, practice with your heavy coat on and with and without gloves, and understand that on your first few deer sitings, you will be extremely nervous and excited. I think we all miss our first one or two.

Feel lucky you got that close to one, good luck, and GOOD HUNTING!
Troy
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Nov 2012 04:04 AM  
Well I rattled in a nice 8 point this morning. But he came in downwind and he disapeared. I did have one in the back of my truck tonight though. A buddy killed a decent 8 point about 515 this evening.

---
Active Forums 4.2