Well It's Under Way!
Last Post 19 Nov 2009 06:49 AM by wellshunts65807. 1 Replies.
Author Messages
wellshunts65807
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
28 Oct 2009 06:56 AM  

Hey Ya'll,

Well it's official ya'll we are taking the first steps to get " Ozarks Outdoors-man " ( Me and my Family's guide service and outfitter ) off the ground. We are sending out letters to some companies to let them know whats going on and offering some free advertisement on our up and coming website. Soon the business license and special use permits will be in the mail and all we will have left to do is the planning of the upcoming hunts and educational classes. We are doing this out on a limb style and hopefully with a few prayers and support form some good friends we can make a go of it. On a less exciting note I wanted to address another area tonight. Soberness in the field, this is an exciting subject as well but I'm going down a different road than most might think. I of course don't condone the use of weapons while under the influence of alcohol or drugs but there are other things that can cloud our judgement as well. My personal opinion is that inpatients clouds our judgement as badly as any drug or drink. We've been in the Field, blind, or stand all morning and see  nothing and just as we are about to give up we see a small patch of brown wiggling around in the brush. Being the experienced hunters we are we don't want to waist time and that possible shot so we start scoping the area to find that it is our buddy we dropped hours ago trying to make his way to our stand for some lunch. Now we have already ran through our mind a thousand different ways to make this shot work and how to serve Steve up for dinner this very evening. We should always have a clean sober straight head when assessing all situations and shots and properly glass the animal and area before ever raising the weapon for a possible shot. Fatigue is also a way to cloud our judgement if we haven't prepared for the day and are not well rested and awake we tend to nap in the blind or stand and as always we wake up to a field or plot full of game so in an instant we have went from slumber to machine gun not wanting to miss an opportunity to score some freezer meat unfortunately Steve was on the opposite side of the sudden game range and took about two shot to the torso before we noticed his presents. Now I am aware that these are some far-out instances that I have given as examples today but still, not being completely centered on the task at hand and being aware of ALL our surrounding makes this and any situation a dangerous one. So with all humor aside please when we enter the woods or plots for that big score lets be sober minded and concentrating on the task at hand and well aware of whats going on around us before turning friendly fire into a tragedy.

Thanks again, God Bless, And best of Hunting,

Jackie Wells

Jackie Wells
wellshunts65807
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Nov 2009 06:49 AM  
Hey Ya'll
Just wanted to let you know the website is up and running please visit and let me know what you thin

http://ozarksoutdoorsman.webs.com
Jackie Wells

---
Active Forums 4.2