Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Lock On Deer Stand
Last Post 22 Jul 2007 10:23 PM by rescue1224. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
rescue1224
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Jul 2007 03:45 AM  
I ahve never used a lock on deer stand, I got one for christmas last year and plan on using it this year. What is the easiest way to get it up the tree and lock it on in a safe manner
PETA (People eating tasty animals)
asst19chief
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Jul 2007 10:27 PM  
I take a friend and a 4 pt harness. Put up your ladder up or tree pegs in first. I tie a rope to my belt and when I get the tree stepped or laddered I have my buddy tie the stand to the rope. I make sure I am secured to the tree and pull up the stand . Step the tree higher than the stand, if using a ladder put the stand so you can step off ladder into the stand. Chain the stand with the platform up and tie the bottom  when you put the platform down it locks into the tree. Climb in and hunt. Hope this helps. Always wear a harness!!!!!!!!
Vandy
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Jul 2007 11:07 PM  
When I hang a lock-on I get up the tree to the desired height however is practical (climbing stand, tree steps, climbing sticks, whatever is best). I then install a T-screw and drop my end of the rope to the person on the ground. I loop it over the T-screw and while they pull down on the rope I help pull up to raise the stand. While the stand is supported by the T-screw I secure it to the tree.
Drhunter2k
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
20 Jul 2007 12:11 AM  
I have seen where a climbing stand was used to put a lock on stand in a tree. it seems to be the best idea I have seen yet.
Q2hunter
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
20 Jul 2007 12:16 PM  
I use a linemans belt. That is the simplest and safest way I have found. It allows you to lean back and put pressure on the belt and have both hands free to wrap the chain/rope and secure it.
You can run, but your gonna leave a blood trail!
rackaholic1989
6 Point
6 Point

--
20 Jul 2007 06:18 PM  
i hug the tree with one arm and throw the chain over a limb with the other..not the safest but i wear a safety harness while doing it too
If Its Brown It's Down!
rescue1224
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
22 Jul 2007 10:23 PM  
Thank you for the info, I am going to use the climber
PETA (People eating tasty animals)
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!