Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Deer Scent
Last Post 08 Nov 2011 03:27 PM by deerslayerdevan. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Okie3582
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Nov 2011 09:13 AM  
I am new to the forum network so I appologize if this subject is in the wrong area or already talked about. I tried to use the search field but wouldn't work for some reason.

With that said, I am trying to get back into deer hunting and trying to figure out what scents to use and when to use them, such as Buck Urine, Doe Estrus, ect. Any help would be greatly appreciated or if you could tell me where to look I would be glad to do that as well. Thank you for your time and assistance.
John W
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Nov 2011 12:56 PM  
What a great question. Here is the best of all answers. First of all, a recent study (don't remember where I read this) tested tracker dogs against all the best scents and none actually stopped the dogs. That said, they would not fool a deer either. The article went on to say the best is to mind the wind - always stay down wind, use good camo, and stay quiet. This is the stuff that has worked very well for hunters for years. It works for sure!

Good luck...
Okie3582
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Nov 2011 06:12 AM  
Well alright then, hadn't heard about that. I knew about the staying down wind and all, thank you.
deerslayerdevan
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Nov 2011 03:27 PM  
My buddies and I have been using Double D Buck Lure (Doe in Heat) and have been having crazy success pulling in bucks, 2 of us have shot 9 points and my buddy shot a 12 point last weekend.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!