Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
**Need Advice IL hunt**
Last Post 17 Nov 2009 01:29 AM by Rugermk2. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Rugermk2
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
16 Nov 2009 03:42 AM  

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if I could get some advice on using calls or not. Upcoming shotgun season is only 3 days long, and the next is in december and it to is only 3 days long. November is probably the best time to see bucks cruising, and I was wondering if you think its worth maybe calling a little? If nothing comes by my stand could it hurt to try a few grunts or bleats? Also, what are your thoughts on trying to rattle something in? I put together some nice sheds I found to make a set of rattling antlers. Any tips or information that might help me in the field? Thanks

NonTypicalGirl21
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
16 Nov 2009 03:52 PM  
I am a big fan of lures. I use Tinks #69 Doe in Rut lure and that brings in the bucks. I also use a Primos "can". One that you turn over and it bleats. I had a 12 pointer grunt at me after I used it. I have never rattled antlers before but I have had friends that have and have had big bucks come running. I say use it all. If you can smell or sound like a doe in heat, you'll get them big boys coming!!
Rugermk2
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
17 Nov 2009 01:29 AM  
Thanks for the advice Ill give everything I got a try and see where it gets me, Hopefully I bag a monster buck!!!!
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!