Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Rut in SouthEast GA
Last Post 24 Oct 2009 07:25 AM by wellshunts65807. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
bwal
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
23 Oct 2009 06:37 PM  

So Ive been huntin for around four years ive heard alot about the rut and when its supposedly kicks in down here was wondering if anybody had some helpful tips on it its late oct seeing does but no bucks chasing ive been told the rut kicks in around early to late Nov. are doe to buck ratio is crazy i heard its around 9:1 so its rare thing to see a decent size buck down here anyway. I live one county before fla so we have tons of marshland so the deer arent big down here but i dont care its the thrill of the hunt!!!!!!

PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
23 Oct 2009 08:44 PM  
with a 9 to 1 you will not ever see a buck chase a doe...he does not have to chase her she will come to him.....sounds like ya"ll need to take out abunch of doe"s..do like alabama we have had a 2 doe per day limit for about 5 years or so now and are getting our ratio down and looking better......
MIKE EVERETT
wellshunts65807
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
24 Oct 2009 07:25 AM  
I agree with pinetree doe management is a crucial part of manageing the herd as well as food source management the less does the more food to go around the better the food source the better the bucks ect. ect.
however take your time too much herd impact as once can be devastating and cause effects your not happy with either like deer vacating the country so on!
Jackie Wells
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!