Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
WHY CAN'T BUCKMASTERS STOP CALLIN ME!!!!!!!!!!
Last Post 13 Nov 2009 03:53 PM by Dobber. 16 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Tom Sinnott
6 Point
6 Point

--
13 Oct 2009 02:27 AM  

Does anyone know any special tricks to get the telemarketers to stop calling you?  I bought a BM subscription for myself and a hunting buddy  3 years ago and 2 weeks later they started calling me wanting me to sign up for a 3 year deal and it hasn't stopped since.  I love coming on here and getting info but I really don't think I could ever buy another Buckmasters magazine in fear of them starting to follow me around town with a clipboard begging me to sign up again. 

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin
BIG RED
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
13 Oct 2009 01:14 PM  

you will find out it's not buckmasters themselves calling.it's those darn telemarketing people tryimg to sell more mags for the publisher.don't renew till the last month of your membership.don't tell them to send info to you about it or you'll get the bill for a membersip you didn't agree to,then you'll play heck trying to stop it.i've been a buckmasters member for several years and i'm not going to renew my subscription due to all the calling.stopped my membership to the nra due to this.

life member nahc,nafc,amvets.
Tom Sinnott
6 Point
6 Point

--
17 Oct 2009 01:03 AM  
I haven't had it for 2 years. And I have to listen to Jackie Bushman's voice while on hold getting passed from supervisor to supervisor to find out how to get my name off the list so I am sure it's Buckmasters. The guy told me that I am off this month's list but he said they get a new list every month so he can't say that I won't be on next month's list because it happens all the time. I can't believe a respectful company would harass people for twenty bucks bad enough that people would spread the word not to buy from them. I do like their website though, maybe logging on to it keeps me on the calling list???
WVHunter129
Forum Administrator
8 Point
8 Point

--
22 Oct 2009 04:35 PM  
Another thing to understand also is that if you register for the contests they have, you have given your phone number to them again. When you list your number there then they have it. You do this once a week every week the contest is going they keep getting your number.
WVHunter129
Live to Hunt/Hunt to Live
Forum Administrator
Tom Sinnott
6 Point
6 Point

--
25 Oct 2009 03:16 AM  
Ya I quit doing that too. I think that this has to really hurt their image. I like the magazine but I don't really think I would subscribe again unless they fixed this.
Dobber
8 Point
8 Point

--
25 Oct 2009 09:43 PM  
i would suggest telling them how you feel, obviously posting on here won't do anything as they don't read the forum. Your better off posting about how you feel about Obama's health care reform and hope to get an answer
Fossilman
6 Point
6 Point

--
26 Oct 2009 05:34 PM  
I tell every caller to please take my name off your list-by law they have too or get sued.Good luck......
God,family and friends,nothing better!!
Tom Sinnott
6 Point
6 Point

--
28 Oct 2009 12:28 AM  
Posted By Dobber on 10/25/2009 3:43 PM
i would suggest telling them how you feel, obviously posting on here won't do anything as they don't read the forum. Your better off posting about how you feel about Obama's health care reform and hope to get an answer

I would suggest you read the posts before opening your mouth, and you might see that I have.  I posted this on here to see if anyone else on here knew how to get them to stop calling me.......

Fossilman
6 Point
6 Point

--
28 Oct 2009 05:44 PM  
They called me lastnite-I told them to please take my name off their list-He said "yes sir,I'm doing it now".We will see if they did.................
God,family and friends,nothing better!!
Dobber
8 Point
8 Point

--
29 Oct 2009 02:47 AM  
obviously your grasp of my message is lost on you

have a lovely day
JBinMontana
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
31 Oct 2009 01:09 PM  

I like the magazine, but because of the calls I stopped as well.  The only thing one can possibly do is give a bad phone number so they can't call you.

JB
Avid lover of the 7mm-08
Rugermk2
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Nov 2009 12:52 AM  

I've got several calls from them the past few weeks as well. Anytime of the day it seems like. Everytime I tell them I've lost my job and can't afford anything besides what i absolutely need at the time, they still try to sell me something. Unlike the last phone call i recieved from them, I was explained what my money would benefit, and what I would recieve,  I then told the guy I lost my job, and couldn't afford anything. No longer as I got those words out of my mouth it was "thanks" and click, he hung up on me!!! I don't believe i will ever subscribe to the magazine just because the fact that every person who has called has been extremely rude once they found out I had no money at the time, and wasn't interested in sending them money!!!

heightman55
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Nov 2009 06:43 PM  
OK guys this seemed to have worked for me. Simply inform them that you are on the DO NOT CALL list if indeed you are, which I am. And that by signing up to there magazine in NO way gives them your permission to call you. That when it is time for renewal simply send the renewal to your address on record and if you want to continue your subscription you will send them a check. It has been over two weeks without a phone call.
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
11 Nov 2009 01:41 PM  
I JUST TOLD THEM MONEY WAS TIGHT AND TIMES WERE HARD DON'T CALL ME BACK.SO FAR KNOCK ON WOOD THEY HAVE NOT CALLED ME BACK...
MIKE EVERETT
Tom Sinnott
6 Point
6 Point

--
11 Nov 2009 07:59 PM  
If I said not right now, or I don't have time, or I am not really for sure yet if I want to renew, I am leaving the door open so they would be helping me out by calling back. But asking repeatedly to not have Buckmasters call me anymore and then ask for supervisors and then their supervisors and all they can tell me is that they will take me off of the calling list for the rest of this month but after that they have no control over if I am on the next call list or not. That is completely out of line and it amazes me that after seeing the feedback that people that were once very loyal to them like myself and others posting on here that they would nip that in the but right away. It really makes me wonder what Jackie Bushman would think if he read this or has he gotten so far away from the true sport of hunting as his pockets get fuller and fuller that he can't remember what kind of good ol' boys hunters mostly are and why he would take advantage of that.
Eagles
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
12 Nov 2009 12:39 AM  
When they called and asked for me I told them in a sorrowful voice that I just passed away and things at the house are very bad right now. I would appreciate they never call back and ask for me........I have never received another call!
Dobber
8 Point
8 Point

--
13 Nov 2009 03:53 PM  
RIP eagle
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!