Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

frustration...
Last Post 05 Nov 2009 08:25 PM by Rugermk2. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
O'Dizz
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
09 Oct 2009 06:43 PM  

Gettin frustrated... My buddy goes in on opening day and takes a buck. My other friend goes with him to scout and takes a picture of a nice 10 with his cell phone as its laying there bedded!! I have been hunting since opening day and haven't seen a deer! WTF!!!! I'm hunting a small strip of woods in surrounded by fields... I figured with this kind of land, I should have good chances of getting a deer early. Now maybe its because this is my first year hunting farmlands, but how much different can it be than hunting the mountains? any suggestions would help as i am ready to just sit back and wait for rifle season!

tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
09 Oct 2009 08:19 PM  
Don't get discouraged.....I have been at this for 15 yrs and I am still looking for my first bow kill.Keep your chin up and stick with it.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
Mheading
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
12 Oct 2009 04:20 AM  
I am a fairly new hunter myself, only piece of advise is just make sure you have covered all aspects, scent, food, tracks, you can't go into a spot every mornin and night, try different tactics, calls, deer scents. Hang in there, you never know your deer could be a Boones and Crocket
Troutmaster
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
13 Oct 2009 12:52 AM  

I would suggest that you find out where they bed down and where they feed. Then set up your ambush spot somewhere in between just off a well used trail. The bucks might not use that well used trail but their route won't be far from it quite often and if you look close you will find it. Look for rubs on the trees, droppings etc. Above all keep the faith and you will likely score. Patience is more then a virtue in bow hunting it's usually a must. Good Luck.

O'Dizz
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
16 Oct 2009 09:21 PM  

I just honestly dont think there are any deer there!!!! Now two weeks into the season, and I havent even found a pile of $H*T yet!!!! LOL unbelievable!!

wellshunts65807
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Oct 2009 05:52 AM  

There is alot that goes into selecting the proper farm land to hunt especilly when bow hunting. First thing is the crop the farmer is farming, if they wont come to it standing they wont come after harvest. Second is surrounding areas, is there alot of timber close (other than your strip) deer travel and if there is not alot of cover they will move where they feel safest and there is a safe water source. Finally what did you find when you scouted, trails, scrapes, rubs, shed, bedding areas, ect. the first time hunting new property not to mention a new type of land is always difficult but you seem determined and im sure you'll do great! good luck and best hunting!

Jackie Wells

Jackie Wells
Fossilman
6 Point
6 Point

--
26 Oct 2009 05:43 PM  
I usually stay out all day from daybreak to nightfall....Sometimes you get lucky and then sometimes you don't....Good luck......(better chance of seeing a buck if your out all day though)
God,family and friends,nothing better!!
Dobber
8 Point
8 Point

--
26 Oct 2009 09:32 PM  
just me guessing here but i think you might lack patience, you ever thought of fishing?
Rugermk2
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
05 Nov 2009 08:25 PM  

Like the others said, patience is a must. I've got a deer opening morning of every shotgun season I have hunted so far. I usually get to my stand about an hour and a half before it even starts to get light out( Take your time don't hurry). I also do my fair share of scouting as well. Deer aren't so predictable in illinois though, with the surplus of grain crops and hay fields, they tend to move around quite a bit. I set up trail cams in spots with obvious deer activity to see whats potentially in the area before I ever decide to hang a stand. If you have other pieces of property to hunt, maybe you should scout those and see what you come up with as well. Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck. Hang in there

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!