Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

what is the best thing for opening day
Last Post 26 Oct 2009 05:36 PM by Fossil. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
coffey89
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Oct 2009 05:44 AM  
just wondering what you guys for me to learn about getting a buck during early season
wellshunts65807
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Oct 2009 06:04 AM  
Hunt a food source or a water source,massive scent control due to still high temps and proper stand placement. Deer are really funny this time of year due to the fact acorns are on the ground so they dont have to come out for food especially in the light. Bucks are starting to scout does but the rut is'nt in full steam yet so they are not as apt to throw all caution aside and trail them into the open. placeing a stand on a main trail between a food source and the frequnted water source will increase chances of scoring a nice buck and scouting the area for the best or most used trails and the use of trail cams ( if you have them ) will pay off in the end. god bless and best hunting!
Jackie Wells
Jackie Wells
BIG RED
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Oct 2009 02:20 PM  

wish in one hand ,then take a .well you may know the rest of the story. like said above and learn from your trials and errors.it will all come together and your trophy will be yours.goodluck and enjoy!

life member nahc,nafc,amvets.
wilcoxjered
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
20 Oct 2009 09:04 PM  

it all depends on where you hunt because i hunt in Alabama, NY and opening day was on saturday and only saw one this years spike. Now in NY we can't use any baits or anything. So it all depends on where you hun and you have to let the day play out. I grunt every 10-15 mins to see if there are any deer in the area that will be curious to come in.

wellshunts65807
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
21 Oct 2009 05:55 AM  

Calls and scent attractents are very valuable tools and definately have their place in any hunt, but putting the time in to know your area and the activities of the heard and or flocks on are irreplacealbe. once you know whats out there it will increase the value of how/and when you use your calls and how effective they work. God Bless and Best hunting!

Jackie Wells 

Jackie Wells
Fossilman
6 Point
6 Point

--
26 Oct 2009 05:36 PM  
I scout all summer and early fall,they generally stay within their own areas,so you can spot and shoot............Good luck.............
God,family and friends,nothing better!!
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!