Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Sixth Sense
Last Post 09 Feb 2009 05:34 AM by Dakota Danny. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Conner Spohn
6 Point
6 Point

--
31 Jan 2009 01:02 AM  
I dont know how many of you get Bowhunter magazine. But the latest issue says that there is a belief by many hunters that deer have a sixth sense. Some believe that just looking at a
deer in the head area will drive it off without seeing or smelling you. They claim that some hunters use tin foil between there cap and head to prevent this. I kid you not. 
Anyone for a tin foil helmet?
kmehaffey
6 Point
6 Point

--
31 Jan 2009 10:16 PM  
UUUUHHH, O.K.
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
01 Feb 2009 01:08 PM  
Ever been told NOT to look a deer in the eyes when hunting? I think there is some truth there.

As humans, our senses are pale in comparison to a deer's. Yet, we can sometimes "feel it" when someone is staring at us. So by that reasoning, I can only assume that a deers better senses would allow it to have some of those same feelings, and perhaps more finely tuned.

But tin foil? Well, now I know that I'm not the craziest hunter out there!
dearslayer
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Feb 2009 02:40 PM  
I have heard of the dont look them in the eye. But i cant see wearing tin foil on my head that would make to much noise if you ask me
Jeremiah Johnson
6 Point
6 Point

--
02 Feb 2009 07:52 PM  
I don't get it...I thought everyone wore tin foil hats to keep the aliens from reading our minds.
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
02 Feb 2009 08:21 PM  
I don't know about the looking the eye thing.....I killed a buck and he and I had a staring competion,luckily he went back to eatting and i dropped him where he stood
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
MelSue
Forum Administrator
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
06 Feb 2009 07:18 AM  
I think I read about this.... where many hunters in the deep woods claim to have been abducted and UFO sightings have been rampant and televisions in the area with antenna reception is all miscombarbled. Yep... foil as a homing device, and scrambled signals but nothing ever to do with deer. : )
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Conner Spohn
6 Point
6 Point

--
06 Feb 2009 11:28 PM  
Posted By MelSue on 02/06/2009 1:18 AM
I think I read about this.... where many hunters in the deep woods claim to have been abducted and UFO sightings have been rampant and televisions in the area with antenna reception is all miscombarbled. Yep... foil as a homing device, and scrambled signals but nothing ever to do with deer. : )

So, i am not the only one. Thats a relief.
Dakota Danny
6 Point
6 Point

--
09 Feb 2009 05:34 AM  
When we look at animals in nature, sometimes it's hard not to think that they have a heightened awareness. On the ranch, the cattle and deer are more active before a major storm comes through. There's argument that they can perceive the barometric pressure shift.

As far as tuning into our thoughts, I feel that is a stretch.

The tin foil, seems like a great way to thin the herd...tin foil on the head - in a tree stand...and a sudden thunderstorm...seems like a bad idea to me.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!