Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Buckmasters contests
Last Post 20 Jul 2007 02:49 PM by kpiper. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
oaktree
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
20 Jul 2007 01:54 AM  
Why are all the contests only open to U.S residents?I can be on your web site I can subscribe to your magazines you have no problems taking my money heck I'm sure a Canadian would even pay the shipping if they where to win I know I would. just curios.
Ken Piper
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
20 Jul 2007 02:49 PM  
I'm not a lawyer, so the following is my interpretation of how our attorney explained it to me.  Hopefully I won't butcher the info. in translation.... It's because of legal issues.

We have trouble keeping up with all the U.S. laws and are audited by several states and have to obtain licenses from those states before conducting the contests.  If the contest crosses the border, then we have to learn and abide by Canada law as well, which our attorney is not trained in.

Further, there is an issue with GST taxes.  Apparently if someone from Canada won one of the bigger prizes, it would cost them a LOT of money to claim the prize.

Finally, keep in mind that I'm not pointing the finger at the Canada govt. here.  I imagine that if a company based in Canada wanted to conduct a sweepstakes here in the U.S., that they would face just as many, if not more, obstacles.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!