Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Oops!
Last Post 22 Nov 2007 11:27 PM by Walter. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
stillframe
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
14 Nov 2007 11:11 PM  

Reprinted from the Arkansas Democrat Gazette

TWO LOCAL MEN INJURED IN FREAK ACCIDENT

Two local men were seriously injured when their pick-up truck left the road and struck a tree near Cotton Patch on State Highway 38 early Monday morning Woodruff County Deputy Davey Snyder reported the accident shortly after midnight Monday. Thurston Poole, 33, of Des Arc and Billy Ray Wallis, 38, of Little Rock are listed in serious condition at Baptist Medical Center.

The accident occurred as the two men were returning to Des Arc after a frog-gigging trip. On an overcast Sunday night, Poole's pick-up truck headlights malfunctioned. The two men concluded that the headlight fuse on the older model truck had burned out. As a replacement fuse was not available, Wallis noticed that a .22 caliber bullet from his pistol would fit perfectly into the fuse box next to the steering wheel column.

When the bullet was inserted, the headlights again began to operate properly and the two men continued eastbound toward the White River Bridge.

After they had traveled approximately 20 miles and just before they crossed the river, the bullet apparently overheated, discharged, and struck Poole in the right testicle. The vehicle swerved sharply to the right, exiting the pavement and striking the tree.

Poole suffered only minor cuts and abrasions from the accident, but will require surgery to repair the other wound. Wallis sustained a broken clavicle and was treated and released. "Thank God we weren't on that bridge when Thurston shot his nuts off or we might have been dead," stated Wallis. Said Deputy Snyder, "I've been a trooper for ten years in this part of the world, but this is a first for me. I can't believe that those two would admit how this accident happened!"

Upon being notified of the wreck Poole's wife, Lavinia, asked how many frogs the boys had caught and whether anyone had gotten them from the truck.

jkoehler
Forum Moderator
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
15 Nov 2007 02:22 AM  

OMG You can add OUCH to that

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.'
droptine06
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
15 Nov 2007 06:37 PM  
what IDIOT'S
I am still laughing
Hillbilly Willy
Today is the day the Lord hath made, I will rejoice and be glad in it
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
15 Nov 2007 07:35 PM  
OUCH !!!!!!But funny .
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
newhunter
12 Point
12 Point

--
15 Nov 2007 11:48 PM  
He's half the man he used to be. lol lol

Webfetti.com

Mark
8 Point
8 Point

--
22 Nov 2007 06:43 AM  
OWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! Here's ur sign.LOL
secondchance
6 Point
6 Point

--
22 Nov 2007 11:27 PM  
What ever happend to common sence, lol I guess you reap what you sow, ouch.
John 316
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!