This van is for sale on ebay-Item number: 140254524255
1992 Chevy Van. This van has been modified for hunting and is 100% street legal. There is a 4' x 4' cage in the back that's attached to a 2000lb winch that extend it through the roof. There are plexiglass windows in the corners and shooting rests at the openings. There is a weathproof ATV toggle switch within reach (while on it). We put a raised roof on it last winter so there is plenty of headroom while hunting. It was black but we painted it with camo paint. I'm including 3 cans of camo spray paint. We put insulation on the interior roof.
- The good:
It starts and runs great. I drove it to Iowa and back 9-15-07 no problems and just put gas in.
- My brother borrowed her for a couple weeks in January with no problems and even did a oil change.
- If you have a permit to hunt from a standing vehicle or private land, this is the perfect setup.
- The bad:
The heater/blower switch works but not on high.
- A valve stem leaks oil. It puffs when started if it sits for awhile. It uses about 1/2 a quart between oil changes. It's been that way for the last 3 years I drove it and it never got worse.
- Various rust and dents.
- It has the 4.3 V6. 129k
- Cruise control
- Air Conditioning
- Power steering & Brakes
- Power Windows & Lock
- delay wipers
- AM/FM radio
- 8" rims front & rear
- Extra leaf in the rear, 1" spacer on the front
- Class 3 hitch w/ extension. Accepts a 2" receiver or carrier.
Under Vehicle lift (works great) 350 lbs capcity (Man or beast)
Remote cable inside & outside controls.
Transfer Base for drivers seat.
The Hand controls and spinner knob do not come with the van.
This van is sold as is. Ask any questions before bidding. I hunted three season with this van. The cage has been up and down 100's of times with no problems, but check it out yourself. I weight about 170lb.
You shouldn't be afraid to drive this van any distance. Located in Auburn, Michigan (mouth of Saginaw Bay) I'll work with the winner on possible delivery.