Turkey
Last Post 11 Aug 2010 05:52 PM by rescue1224. 4 Replies.
Author Messages
deadfowl
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
16 Nov 2009 02:43 AM  

Ok guys and gals, I know everyone on this forum doesnt just deer hunt. My wife was lucky enough to take her first turkey this past spring. I have never fixed WILD TURKEY before. So lets hear some good recipies on how to fix her bird for this Thanksgiving.

Thanks,

Scott and Jennifer

heightman55
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
16 Nov 2009 12:25 PM  
First off Cograt's to your wife. Cooking a wild turkey is just the same as a farm raised bird except you will want to stay away from the legs as they are very tough due to all the walking they do. It is best to use the legs to make soup with as simmering the soup will make the meat much more tender. If you want you can put a few apple's and onion's in the cavity it adds a nice flavor to the meat. I have done this several times to both turkeys and pheasent's
From what I have been told you should not eat the apple's or onion after the bird is done I have no idea why but I have never eating them afterwards I sure cant see why you could not eat them if you wanted too.
deadfowl
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
25 Nov 2009 02:12 AM  
Thank you. Like I said this is the first time so how long will this bird take to fix and what degrees to I set the oven to?
Fossilman
6 Point
6 Point

--
27 Nov 2009 03:03 PM  
Wild turkey-its the best flavor you will ever have over a store bird............
God,family and friends,nothing better!!
rescue1224
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
11 Aug 2010 05:52 PM  
I use a flour breading and deep fry cchunks of the breast like chicken nuggets.
Flour, black pepper, poultry season, paprika, salt, season all.

I have aslo marinated the breast chunks in Italian Dressing and then on the grill. ( I love it this way)
PETA (People eating tasty animals)

---
Active Forums 4.2