Grilling
Last Post 23 Nov 2009 03:08 PM by Fossil. 11 Replies.
Author Messages
Mississippi
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
20 Jul 2007 06:57 AM  
It doesnt seem to matter what i do, I cant seem to keep my grill hot when i cook with charcoal. How do you guys do it? Lot of fluid, let it sit for a while? Could it be my grill? I always have a big fire and put my food on as soon as it goes out, and the food never gets done. Please explain in detail. Thanks
"Only perfect practice makes perfect, anything else just gets you good at being bad."
Archer EV
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
20 Jul 2007 03:09 PM  
Try this:
  1. Pour in enough briquettes to make an even layer, one briquette deep.
  2. Then pile the briquettes in a high, cone-shaped pile.
  3. Douse them with starter fluid. Not too much. Just hit every coal you can see.
  4. Let the fluid soak in for a minute.
  5. Light the briquettes and let the flames burn out.
  6. Leave the briquettes stacked for 5 to 10 minutes until most of them have white ash on the edges. Go  by how they look, not by your watch.
  7. Using a long fork or tongs, spread the coals out in an even layer and give it several more minutes.
  8. Important! Make sure the vents on the bottom and top of the grill are open to allow air to the fire.
  9. The fire should be hot enough that you can not keep your hand above the grill. You are ready to cook.
If it wouldn't a been good
I wouldn't a done it.
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
20 Jul 2007 03:54 PM  
And after what archer ev said put some big ol' juicy steaks on!
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
Mississippi
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
21 Jul 2007 02:50 AM  
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. Its raining now, but ill be trying it as soon as its dry!
"Only perfect practice makes perfect, anything else just gets you good at being bad."
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
04 Sep 2007 09:22 PM  
ARCHER EV KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING.. HE SETS UP A GRILL JUST LIKE I DO...JUST MAKE SURE THE FIRE CAN BREATH.. IT HAS TO GET AIR... EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO PROP THE LID OPEN ALITTLE...
MIKE EVERETT
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
07 Sep 2007 02:27 PM  
propane
SOUTHERN PRIDE
newhunter
12 Point
12 Point

--
20 Sep 2007 01:13 AM  
Posted By rebel deer hunter on 09/07/2007 8:27 AM
propane

I agree 1000%

Webfetti.com

Dennis Engeman
6 Point
6 Point

--
20 Sep 2007 04:31 AM  
Posted By newhunter on 09/19/2007 7:13 PM
Posted By rebel deer hunter on 09/07/2007 8:27 AM
propane

I agree 1000%

might as well cook on the stove
camoak
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
23 Oct 2007 07:52 PM  
Had a tough time converting from Charcoal - did it 7 years ago and it really depends on the grill you select. Go with a Weber Gas Grill - flavorizor bars that are standard really make the difference.

I cook on charcoal - now only once in a while and it is a pain! I re-vamped my weber gas grill this past spring - so it has another 7 years of life! Paid $350 new and use it almost daily - well worth the money spent and cheaper to operate than having to buy charcoal, fluid and matches.

Good luck!
Will
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
18 Dec 2007 09:29 PM  
Go wal-mart get a charcoal chimney . . . called different things at differet stores and you might have to wait till summer to buy one it's with the grilling stuff seasonaly it's looks like a giant aluminum travel mug and follow the directions that it comes with it start the coals for you and then you just dump them inthe grill no lighter fluid which i can't stand like mentioned above make sure you have are getting tot he fire.

here's one at Crate & Barrel take a look

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/famil...40&f=23983
SHADOW HUNTER
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
30 May 2008 06:45 PM  
We made a charcoal grill out of pipe and chains it works great
IF YOU CANT PLAY WITH THE BIG DOGS STAY ON THE PORCH
Fossilman
6 Point
6 Point

--
23 Nov 2009 03:08 PM  
I really dislike charcoal flavored foods! So I quit grilling,untell I got a propane grill,now I grill alot...........(And no its not like cooking on a kitchen stove)......
God,family and friends,nothing better!!

---
Active Forums 4.2