Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Boudin
Last Post 21 Jul 2008 06:47 PM by Howard. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
rodney
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
18 Jun 2008 04:22 AM  
Does anyone have any good boudin recipes?  I would prefer the recipes to be spicy but I would try any of them THANKS!!!!!!!!
Howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
25 Jun 2008 06:38 PM  
What kind do you plan on making? Crawfish, pork, etc?
rodney
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Jun 2008 02:49 AM  
Pork
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
05 Jul 2008 07:45 PM  
I was watching that show dirty jobs and they made that stuff, never had it but it looks good
SOUTHERN PRIDE
rnwinter
6 Point
6 Point

--
20 Jul 2008 04:44 AM  
Boudin is typically a sausage. Since the French make it with milk and you want the spicy recipe, I'll give you a Cajun one made with rice. This doesn't have to be made into a sausage. You can simply combine the ingredients in a pan, and stuff a chicken, turkey or whatever. Or, you can eat it as is.

1 1/2 pounds of pork butt, cut into one inch cubes. (You need the fatty connective stuff.)
1 pound of pork liver, rinsed.
1 cup chopped onion.
1/2 tea spoon minced garlic.
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper.
1/2 chopped celery.
4 1/4 teaspoons salt.
1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne.
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper.
1 cup finely chopped parsley.
1 cup chopped green onions.
2 quarts of water.

6 cups of cooked rice.

Bring the pork, liver, garlic, water, onions, bell peppers, celery, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp red pepper, 1/4 tsp black pepper, to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 1 2/2 to 2 hours. Once the liver and pork are tender, remove the pork and liver, chop and place into a food grinder or processor. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the broth from the boil. (Oh and keep all the veggies too!) When you grind the meat mix in the parsley and green onions along with the boiled veggies. once you have ground all the meat, and veggies together, turn them into a bowl and mix them well.

Stir in the remaining spices and fold together, then mix in the rice. Once combined, test the flavor and check for salt or spicyness. Remember that just mixed in spices will take a while to meld and flavor. So allow it to cool and give it a good mix, then re-try the taste. Adjust accordingly.

Now, if you don't have a sausage machine, take a long strip of heavy duty plastic wrap and strech it aross the length of a cutting board. Along one side of the long edge, place a generous line of the mix. Fold the short side of the plastic wrap over the mixture and draw it back, making a tight line and compressing the mix. Roll the tightend mixture to the far edge. Twist the ends of the tube and then make however many links you want by pinching the plastic and then twisting it to seperate the individual links.

Now, this process will not make real links. But refrigerated sections can be cut out and if cooked properly, retain their sausge look. Experiment with it. I hope this works for ya.

Howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
21 Jul 2008 06:47 PM  
Mmmmm, they cut the cases open to make boudin balls.

Also, I don't see why boudin would be considered a dirty job. Maybe gutting the hogs, etc. would be worse.
Have it with a side of cracklins..bad for the heart, but oh soo tasty!
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!