Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Venison with rice/ chicken with rice
Last Post 11 Mar 2008 12:03 AM by Howard. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
05 Mar 2008 11:37 PM  
Hey there.

Last night I made chicken with rice(forgot the vegetables) and it came out really good.  I've got some leftovers for tonight.  Anyway, got a piece of deer meat from this friend of my brother and I'm thinking about making it in a similar fashion except that the venison will have to cook a bit more than the chicken, depending on size of meat.

Chicken with rice:  quanity of ingredients based on how much you want to make
boneless chicken meat- so that it's easy to eat
seasonings
rice
cream of chicken soup
vegtables(frozen is good)
bell peppers, garlic, hot peppers, onion tops, etc.

Poach chicken meat in 1/2 inch of water until outside cooked.  pour in cream of chicken soup and add about two cans of water per can of soup.  }}stir together{{  cook for 5-8 minutes then throw in seasonings, papers, etc.  and rice.  mix well then cover for 10 minutes.  when rice is nearly done shut off fire and keep covered to allow rice to steam.  mix the pot before final steam session to make sure it's all good.   Very important to taste for flavor and "tooth" of rice.  MMMMmmmmmm
It should come out like a wet jambalaya, not like a heavy soup, although that'll be good as well.
Howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
11 Mar 2008 12:03 AM  
I made this dish but instead of using chicken I used venison. I forgot to pound out the venison before marinate.
I found a vegetable beef soup, and didn't chance the taste so I used beef gravy and added 1.5 cans of water.
Mmmm, it came out pretty good. Makes a good one pot meal...alomost like jambalaya but not a red sauce.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!