Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Smoked Venison
Last Post 30 Mar 2008 01:46 AM by brad100xx. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
brad1100xx
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
23 Feb 2008 10:24 PM  
First i take one of the big cuts from the hind legs. I prefer large cuts just to keep it from drying out. I get the smoker set to 220 degrees. while the smoker is getting ready i take the meat and a pound of bacon. Cut some slits in the meat running the lenght of the meat i now take the bacon and stuff the cuts as much as i can. With the laft over bacon wrap the entire piece and use tooth picks to keep the bacon on the meat. I put the meat on for about a hour before i add any smoke. Now i use apple wood for the smoke. I will usually let the meat smoke now for a additional 4 hours. For a total of 5 hours of cooking. The meat i usually try to use weighs around 3 pounds. Take off the smoker and enjoy its as good as any prime rib.
Mark
8 Point
8 Point

--
02 Mar 2008 04:32 AM  
It sound delicious. We have an amish butcher here in Pa that makes Ham out of deer hind quarter. It's the best ham I've ever eaten.
brad1100xx
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Mar 2008 10:36 PM  
I just tasted some ham a few weekends ago it was good may have to try it next year
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
28 Mar 2008 11:55 PM  
ive had smoked venision before and I dont know if it was the way it was cooked but it tasted like s***t, and I threw up.
SOUTHERN PRIDE
brad1100xx
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
30 Mar 2008 01:46 AM  
the first i did sucked but i found my mistake was adding smoke to early now i let it cook for 1 or 2 hours before i ever add any smoke read that smoke and cold meat makes a sour taste
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!