Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Great Deer Burger Recipe
Last Post 20 Nov 2007 06:08 AM by jkoehler. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Tom Sinnott
6 Point
6 Point

--
18 Nov 2007 05:06 AM  
I read in Field and Stream or Outdoor Life about a month or so ago about adding bacon to deer burger when you grind it up to give it some fat.  I know the butcher shops will add beef talor or pork fat to it but I thought it sounded easier/tastier.  I cut up 2 does and for every 8-10lbs of deer meat (no fat, all trimmed) add 1 lb of smoked bacon to it.  I just have a little cheapy electric grinder but I ran it all through, mixed it by hand, and ran it through again.  Ya know it smells a little like bacon when you fry it up at first but the smell goes away before it's halfway done and you can't taste it.  The bacon almost makes it seem like it is just chopped sirloin with steak seasoning in it.  It's still really lean at that mix to where it's tough to keep a burger together on the skillet but if your careful it works.  It's awesome.  All of you that cut your own gotta try it!!!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin
kmehaffey
6 Point
6 Point

--
19 Nov 2007 01:58 AM  
Mix five lbs of ground venison with two and one half lbs of lean ground beef,and add two lbs of smoked bacon,
Mix it all together and run it through your grinder, then make it into pattys,we call them SHANGRI-LA BURGERS!
CharmCitysKing
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Nov 2007 08:16 PM  
Posted By tomsinnott on 11/17/2007 11:06 PM
I read in Field and Stream or Outdoor Life about a month or so ago about adding bacon to deer burger when you grind it up to give it some fat.  I know the butcher shops will add beef talor or pork fat to it but I thought it sounded easier/tastier.  I cut up 2 does and for every 8-10lbs of deer meat (no fat, all trimmed) add 1 lb of smoked bacon to it.  I just have a little cheapy electric grinder but I ran it all through, mixed it by hand, and ran it through again.  Ya know it smells a little like bacon when you fry it up at first but the smell goes away before it's halfway done and you can't taste it.  The bacon almost makes it seem like it is just chopped sirloin with steak seasoning in it.  It's still really lean at that mix to where it's tough to keep a burger together on the skillet but if your careful it works.  It's awesome.  All of you that cut your own gotta try it!!!

man that sounds awesome! lol
kmehaffey
6 Point
6 Point

--
20 Nov 2007 05:07 AM  
They are awesome , try it YOU WILL LOVE THEM
jkoehler
Forum Moderator
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
20 Nov 2007 06:08 AM  
I will have to try this sounds good
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.'
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!