Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
What is your favorite wild game recipe?
Last Post 25 Oct 2009 09:14 PM by Fossil. 17 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
20 Jul 2007 04:07 PM  
Just wondering what is your favorite way ot cook your wild game?

I have two dishes that I like to cook(not the only wild game I like) one is fried back strap.I will take it and let it marinade in Italian Dressing,then I take it out lemon pepper it and roll it in flour and fry........will melt in your mouth.

The other is deep fried duck.I start out by filleting the breast(3 or 4 at least),then I let them soak in Hawian marinade for a couple of hours,then take it out roll in flour and put it in a deep
fryer (400 degrees)they will turn a glodenbrown and come to the top.They are ready to eat.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
rackaholic1989
6 Point
6 Point

--
24 Jul 2007 04:53 AM  
i like to wrap dove breast up in bacon and cook them on the grill...its so good....your food sounds amazing too i might have to try that sometime. i alsovlike cooking the tenderloins from a deer on the grill soon after i get one..i just add a little seasoning like salt and pepper or any other rub and cook them up, cant beat the fresh tenderness
If Its Brown It's Down!
Mississippi
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
24 Jul 2007 03:39 PM  
This is how you cook in the south:
Take deer steaks (made from any piece of meat big enough) usually about 1/2" to 3/4" thick and any where from a silver dollar to the size of your hand), and use a coke bottle to tenderize the meat (hold bottle upside down by bottom). Mix eggs and milk in one bowl (1/2-1 cup milk and 2 eggs) and flour in another. Sprinkle some Tony Chachere's creole seasoning in the flour. Dip meat in milk- egg mix, then deep in flour mix, then fry. Meanwhile be baking some biscuits. While meat is cooking, use some grease from the pan to put in a deep skillet (few spoonfuls will work) Sprinkle some flour in there and let it brown. YOU HAVE TO STIR FLOUR ALMOST CONSTANTLY. When flour browns it will thicken, when this happens pour in some tomato juice (a little at a time) You may have to add more flour to get desired consistancy. Pour the tomato gravy over the meat and biscuits and enjoy. WARNING: Dont put it on top of your head, your tounge will beat your brains out tryin to get it!
"Only perfect practice makes perfect, anything else just gets you good at being bad."
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
27 Jul 2007 01:00 AM  
Posted By Mississippi on 07/24/2007 9:39 AM
Take deer steaks (made from any piece of meat big enough) usually about 1/2" to 3/4" thick and any where from a silver dollar to the size of your hand), and use a coke bottle to tenderize the meat (hold bottle upside down by bottom). Mix eggs and milk in one bowl (1/2-1 cup milk and 2 eggs) and flour in another. Sprinkle some Tony Chachere's creole seasoning in the flour. Dip meat in milk- egg mix, then deep in flour mix, then fry. Meanwhile be baking some biscuits. While meat is cooking, use some grease from the pan to put in a deep skillet (few spoonfuls will work) Sprinkle some flour in there and let it brown. YOU HAVE TO STIR FLOUR ALMOST CONSTANTLY. When flour browns it will thicken, when this happens pour in some tomato juice (a little at a time) You may have to add more flour to get desired consistancy. Pour the tomato gravy over the meat and biscuits and enjoy. WARNING: Dont put it on top of your head, your tounge will beat your brains out tryin to get it!

I like this recipe. I cook my deer cube steaks this way all the time. And tomato gravy is true southern specialty. I add a few tablespoons of brown sugar to my tomatoes as it is simmering.
Howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
28 Jul 2007 01:40 AM  
Posted By mcraddock on 07/26/2007 7:00 PM

I like this recipe. I cook my deer cube steaks this way all the time. And tomato gravy is true southern specialty. I add a few tablespoons of brown sugar to my tomatoes as it is simmering.

Sounds good...can't recall every making a gravy like that.  Mississippi, did you have to run to the kitchen to spell Tony's name or do ya have it memorized? 

The tip about brown sugar is a good one to help balance the acidity of the tomato.
kmehaffey
6 Point
6 Point

--
02 Aug 2007 05:06 PM  
Susquehanna Goose
Take one Canada Goose with skin on.
Six Bacon strips
One can of cream of Celery soup
One can of cream of Mushroom soup
Two large potatoes, Chunks
Six Carrots,Chunks
One large onion,diced
One Browning Bag
Pour both soups into browing bag (do not dilute soup)
Add Veggys into Browning bag
Lay strips of Bacon on goose breast
Place Goose into bag (breast side up)
Tie bag closed Place Browning bag in a roasting pan in 350Deg. oven Roast for one and one half hours or until Breast falls off (SHANGRI-LA)
doeslayer
6 Point
6 Point

--
06 Aug 2007 06:34 PM  
I take a whole backstrap, inject with cajun butter marinade wrap entire strap with pepper bacon, shake on some cajun shake, grill to medium rare.
wake me up early, be good to my dogs and teach my children to pray.
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
04 Sep 2007 09:36 PM  
TAKE BACK HAM INJECT WITH ABOUT 12OZ OF A MIXTURE OF 70% ZESTY ITALIAN AND 30% MOORES SPRINKLE ON SOME (A GOOD BIT) TONY'S AND GARLIC POWDER AND GROUND PEPPER... WRAP IN ALUM FOIL AND COOK ON GRILL FOR ABOUT 4 OR 5 HOURS..THE BONE WILL FALL OUT....
MIKE EVERETT
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
07 Sep 2007 02:25 PM  
no man this is how you cook backstrap in the south, we take our back strap, cut it in cubes, soak it in worcestershire sauce for about 30 minutes, get a pack of back and cut it right down the middle, get some greek pepers and cut in half, the take a piece of backstrap and a piece of greek peper and wrap it up in the bacon and put them on the big tooth picks and put on the grill. my other favorite is ground deer hamburger mixed in with zatarans new orleans style dirty rice.
SOUTHERN PRIDE
stubs
6 Point
6 Point

--
06 Nov 2007 02:08 AM  
i like fryin vension
backstrap in butter
go BSU!!!!!
stubs
6 Point
6 Point

--
15 Nov 2007 04:27 AM  

trie this the other day every one loved it thanx
go BSU!!!!!
Mark
8 Point
8 Point

--
20 Dec 2007 03:23 PM  

Take a skillett and get it hot then add butter (real butter not margerine) and add fresh garlic then put thin sliced tender loin long enough to sear it on both sides. then take some fresh baked bread and you have a delicious sandwich.

secondchance
6 Point
6 Point

--
04 Jan 2008 05:49 AM  
As hungery as all of these have made me, heck just de rack it, wipe it's butt and run it out to me. LOL
John 316
Cornfed
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
09 Jan 2008 09:49 PM  
Wild turkey breast soaked in buttermilk and worstershire (spelling) 24 hrs. Foil the grill. Baste with marinade as you grill until done. Besure meat reaches 350 degrees through out.

Awesome!
bertman
6 Point
6 Point

--
17 Jan 2008 01:38 PM  
i still like the old fashioned deer roast and veggies in slow cooker.
Logan
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
17 Jan 2008 10:31 PM  
my brothers deep fried wild turkey breast...mmmmmm
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
08 Feb 2008 09:20 PM  
I TOOK A TURKEY AND INJECTED WITH TONY'S CREOLE BUTTER RUBED IT DOWN WITH SEASONED SALT ..GOT A BEER CUT OPEN TOP ADDED SOME SEASONS GARLIC ECT. STUCK IT UP THE TURKEYS BUTT AND PUT IT ON THE GRILL FOR ABOUT 4 OR5 HRS SORTA BESIDE THE COLS.. IT IS WHAT WE CALL A DRUNKEN TURKEY..YOU CAN DO A CHICKEN THE SAME WAY..VERY MOIST AND VERY GOOD....
MIKE EVERETT
Fossilman
6 Point
6 Point

--
25 Oct 2009 09:14 PM  
Just a plain "backstrap' rolled in flour and fried slow.........................
God,family and friends,nothing better!!
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!