Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Walmart cam
Last Post 05 Nov 2009 08:08 PM by WVHunter129. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
bowhunter1990
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
24 Sep 2009 03:55 AM  
Wildgame inovations 50 dollar cams at walmart are they any count??? i don't have the kind of money for a cuddy back sooo thanks for the help.
WVHunter129
Forum Administrator
8 Point
8 Point

--
24 Sep 2009 01:36 PM  
My son works at Wal-Mart here in WV and they are selling like hot cakes. He has informed me that not a one has been returned and he showed me some pictures a guy had printed out and they are nice pictures. Right now I am building a bear box for one of my son's co-workers for his Wildgame Innovations camera. Also, my son's best friend has the infrared model of this camera and he loves it.

At $50.00 that isn't bad, especially if you have to worry about theft. Your only out $50 instead of $250 to $600 on a game camera.

Right now our local Wal-Mart is sold out. If they get anymore in I may just purchase one for myself. Right now I have a Moultrie and a Stealth digital camera.

A local sporting goods store here locally has the Wildgame Innovations infrared model (no flash) for $89.00. Now that is a buy and with infrared you don't have to worry about someone spotting your camera at night. The flash models tend to attract attention due to the flash going off at dark. Someone looking to still something would immediately know there was a camera in the woods. One more reason for the bear boxes...I weld them up and bolt them to a tree, then run a chain through the box and around the tree.

So for $50 I would say go get one. Just remember, these are tools and don't expect magazine quality photos but they are nice digital photos and you will be able to tell what is in your area.
WVHunter129
Live to Hunt/Hunt to Live
Forum Administrator
bowhunter1990
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
24 Sep 2009 03:11 PM  
Thanks alot for your help I also work at walmart but i'm not in the sporting goods department ... yet. haha but thanks for the advice i think me and my friend are going to buy some now.

g
Fossilman
6 Point
6 Point

--
26 Oct 2009 05:20 PM  
Got to buy what you can afford,thats what I did too,got a cheaper Stealth Cam,35mm.......It works great.
God,family and friends,nothing better!!
deadfowl
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
29 Oct 2009 04:45 PM  

My wife bought me the 2 pack of these trail cams and I had to take them back. Come to find out they had a good recall on them. I put both cameras out and wasnt getting any pictures. Even testing the cameras, I could not get them to take a good picture. Everything was blurry. We went and bought a Moultree and I have no complaints with it. Battery life is awesome and the pictures are very clear. Bought it for less than $100 at our local Bass Pro when they had them on sale.

Rugermk2
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
05 Nov 2009 07:51 PM  
I bought 2 walmart cameras one was a 35mm cam and the other a cheap digital. Both work ok, i still have the 35mm but i am more fond of the digital. It just takes better pictures, and seems more reliable. Check out illinois deer cam picts in the braggin board forum, those came from my digital. I accidently posted in the wrong section.
WVHunter129
Forum Administrator
8 Point
8 Point

--
05 Nov 2009 08:08 PM  
The Wildgame Innovations digitals cams that Wal-Mart was selling last year and at the first of the year did have issues and there was a recall on them. The ones they started selling this fall work fine. A friend of mine got one and I helped him put it out. I built him a steel box to help protect both from bears and thieves (which I dispise but that is another story to tell).

His camera has worked pretty much flawlessly. He did have some night time pictures that were black and I do believe it was because the batteries were getting to low to charge up the flash after the first flash picture was taken. But the quality of the pictures and batter life seems pretty good.

I am a Moultrie guy myself, but for $50 I would buy a Wildgame Innovations camera, heck they even have the infrared model, but I don't think Wal-Mart carries it (they may online). Another friend of mine bought one at a local sporting goods store for $89, not bad for an infrared model.
WVHunter129
Live to Hunt/Hunt to Live
Forum Administrator
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!