Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

School Journalism Project...Trail Cameras
Last Post 12 Mar 2009 02:18 AM by Lady_Magoo. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Lady_Magoo
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
09 Mar 2009 08:35 PM  
Hi everyone!  I hope no one minds that I ask some questions on here. 

My name is Samantha (I go by Sam) and I am a junior at a small, private campus in Ohio.  I am an English Major.  I am involved as a staff writer four our school newspaper.  The paper is free to anyone.  The purpose of our school paper is to help English and Journalism majors have practice writing articles for some sort of "newspaper" while they are in college.

Since about the end of August or beginning of September of 2008 I have been fasinated by the Trail Camera.  My fiance, Jeremy, bought one and set it up on a relative's land after his parents spotted a big buck in the area.  Through his traveling back and forth from the location with him and looking at the pictures the camera has taken, I have become highly obsessed.  Just the surprise of what may (or may not) come.

In my class we have to come up with topic ideas, ones that we are interested in writing about and form them into a story for the paper.  I ran my idea about running a feature about the trail camera by my professor and she loved the idea.  There are always stories obtaining to events on the campus, but rarely any focused on hunting, if any at all.  I discussed with a few members of the class about the trail camera, and they had never heard of one. 

Once again, the paper is non-profitable and in my story I do not plan to advertise or promote any certain brand or type of trail camera.  What I need to do is "interview" other hunters who use the trail camera, and for my article I need actual names, not user names.  If you so wish to answer my questions on the forum but do not want your names posted, send me a message saying what your user name is and what your actual name is.  I also ask that you say which state your are from.  It's for the purpose of the article. 

The questions I am asking are as follows:

Trail Camera....

Why do you have a trail camera (or multiple trail cameras)?
What interesting things have you discovered in the location of your camera(s)?
What types of camera(s) do you have?
What was the main reason you purchased a trail camera(s)?

If there is any other information you wish to include please feel free to elaborate...

I really do appreciate everyone's help on this class writing assignment.  My article is due on March 15, 2009 at 5 pm. 

Also, if you do not feel comfortable posting anything on the site (such as names or locations) please send me a message on here and I will send you my email address.

Once again thank you and I look forward to hearing about your experiences with your trail cameras.

Ky Bob
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
11 Mar 2009 03:59 PM  
Lady Magoo. You can find lots of info at chasingame.com
They have reviews of just about any camera thats on the market. Bobby
Ky Bob
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
11 Mar 2009 04:03 PM  
Forgot to ask you to register at chasingame and feel free to ask any question you might have.
Lady_Magoo
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
11 Mar 2009 08:20 PM  
Thank you very much Kentucky Bob. This site has come into great use for my article! Has everything on it that I am searching for :)

Lady_Magoo
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
12 Mar 2009 02:18 AM  
Hey, everyone!

I wanted to let everyone know that I talked to my professor about the project. I am sure people are a little turned off by the fact that they may have to give their full names to me. I would be as well.

So, for those who would like to respond and have not done so because of this factor, I found out that using a first name and the first initial of your last name plus the state of which you live in would be sufficient for the article I am writing.

Hopefully this will spike up some interests in posting.

Thank you! :)
SAM
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!