Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Did my own Comparison, survey says???...
Last Post 27 Nov 2008 06:34 PM by busted. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
busted
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
25 Nov 2008 02:42 AM  
I've have a Cuddeback Excite. Have about 3 thousand pics since Jan '07. Was going through batteries about a set a week. Live in Canada, so its cold. Went to rechargables. Wanted to get another camera this fall. I read all the talk about Moultrie. Bought a I-40 @ Walmart for $140. After 1 week, 2 pics. Beautiful tree!! Moved it to same tree as Excite. Result: Cuddeback= 15 pics ( 12 deer, 2 'yotes, 1 fisher) Moultie= 4 pics ( 1 deer, 3 nice trees). I always take a pic before removing cards to  get a time frame of when I'm there and when the critters are.  I check my cameras by walking up beside them, sticking my hand in front in a fist form, that's zero, then count to 5 using fingers. The cuddeback will get a fist or first finger, even at battery level of 1. (4 being full strength). The Moultrie was getting fourth or fifth finger @ 80% battery.  I gave it a 2 week trial then returned it!! I guess I'll stick with Cuddeback. A little more $$, but well worth it.
sublime9787
6 Point
6 Point

--
25 Nov 2008 11:52 AM  
man that sounds bad.. i only have a moultrie but its an older moultrie. my friend has a newer one, a d40 i think, and i dont like it at all. i think the reason they are so slow is bc the powersave mode on them makes it have to turn on once it senses something then sense something again to take the pic. They are good if you put them over food or a scrape or something but not so much on trails. i personally love my moultrie but they don't make them anymore. I think my next camera will be the scoutguard, i've only heard amazing things about them.
troyjen30
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
25 Nov 2008 08:38 PM  
i would put my moultrie against any cuddeback anyday. Cuddeback has a good camera as does Moultrie and both have had issues. seems moultries have been slippy in the quality dept. lately. But the 1 I have has had no problems.
busted
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
25 Nov 2008 09:02 PM  
Where are you placing your cameras? I have mine in a bottleneck between three openings. Its more or less to get the time of day that they are moving into and from my areas. They are on the move and its the speed of the camera that I was discouraged with. I agree with sublime that over a food source the moultrie would be fine, because even in the manual it says it needs to 'wake up' before taking pics.
hobocr
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
25 Nov 2008 11:42 PM  
I've had them all and throwed them in the trash , if you want to run with the big dogs spend the money and get you a Cam Trackker , I have four of them and would not give them up for all the cuddebacks & Moultries in the world , if you keep paying cheep prices for cheep cams then you are going to get cheep pics . You can take a Cam Trackker pay 300.00 to 800.00 for it put it out with four c batteries and don't have to change the batt for at least two months and thats after taking over 2000 pics and 60 hours of full color video , no bluring from a deer running by or a bird flying by it looks like they are just standing there or froze in mid air. Give them a try go to there web site and see for your self at www.camtrackker.com you will give the others away !!!!
busted
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Nov 2008 06:34 PM  
HOBO, Thanks for the tip. The address you gave should not include the 'c' in trakker. I'll check out the sight.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!