Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
New Trail Camera
Last Post 30 Jul 2007 04:05 PM by huntinmomma. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
AndyC
6 Point
6 Point

--
25 Jul 2007 07:24 PM  

Just bought my first trail camera.  Purchased a Moultrie 4.0 megapixel at BassPro for $99.

Any advice on setting the thing up.  Should I weather proof it at all or make any modifications when I mount it?  Any advice is good advice b/c I have never used one of these things.

Thanks,

Andy

rackaholic1989
6 Point
6 Point

--
26 Jul 2007 03:47 AM  
congrats on your purchase...not sure what to do tho
If Its Brown It's Down!
AndyC
6 Point
6 Point

--
26 Jul 2007 04:26 AM  
I put it up. Go back and see what we have in a week.
rackaholic1989
6 Point
6 Point

--
26 Jul 2007 04:31 AM  
alright good deal...good luck and hope to see some great pics!
If Its Brown It's Down!
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
26 Jul 2007 12:57 PM  
Can't wait to see some of the pics Andy hey set it out on the pipeline and find me a big gobbler I can bust on the fall hunt....
WVHunter129
Forum Administrator
8 Point
8 Point

--
26 Jul 2007 01:51 PM  
When you get those cameras you don't have to do anything but put in the batteries, set the settings on how many pictures you want it to take when tripped and what delay you want between trippings.

Good luck and can't wait to see some pictures.

OH...do not mount the camera towards the east or the west...keep the sun rise and sun set out of the line of camera.
WVHunter129
Live to Hunt/Hunt to Live
Forum Administrator
AndyC
6 Point
6 Point

--
26 Jul 2007 07:24 PM  
I put it across the creek on the east end. Didn't put it on the pipeline b/c someone just stole a hang on stand that was on visible from the pipeline. I don't want the camera getting nabbed.

We are going to check it next Wendsday. I will post all the pics. There are plenty of Turkeys...a few peacocks too.
WVHunter129
Forum Administrator
8 Point
8 Point

--
27 Jul 2007 12:39 PM  
AndyC hate to hear about someone getting their stand stolen. I hope you have taken precautions with mounting your camera and have it secured to a tree. I have a post on here somewhere about mounting my camera that shows a box that was built for my camera and the use of a Master Lock Python cable.

Can't wait to see those pictures.
WVHunter129
Live to Hunt/Hunt to Live
Forum Administrator
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
29 Jul 2007 06:09 PM  
peacocks ?........wat dat  tate lite ???
huntinmomma
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
30 Jul 2007 04:05 PM  
We just got a Moultrie 4.0 a week ago. So easy to set up and takes great pics. We left it on low quality and pics are still great (see "This one's for my daughter" thread). I want to get a memory card so we can set it to high quality and still have plenty of pics. With just the internal memory if you put it on high quality it only has room for about 10 pics, if that.

It took us a couple times to get the right angle, you want the deer to walk straight toward the camera if possible. If they walk sideways in front of it you might only get the body of the deer, the shutter time is a little slow. The buck we got a picture of stopped and looked right into the camera. We got two more of him walking away but his head must have been turning because his head was blurry. Too bad cause the view from behind would have been good. We all know how much bigger a deer looks as they are running away!
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!