DISABLED HUNTERS NEEDED!!!!
Ok folks I really need your help!!! My name is Paul Bunker. I live in Wolverine Mi. and I am a disabled hunter. I have joined forces with the Wolverine Lions Club to bring together the Wolverine Disabled Sportsmen's Hunt.
I have 20 hunting spots open at NO cost on a first come first serve basis THIS YEAR. The hunt is to be held during the Michigan Special Firearm Deer Season for the Disabled and Veterans. .Bows and crossbows are allowed.
Our hunt will take place on Oct.19th, 20th, and 21st with orientation on the 18th. Here is what we are doing:
1. We are building 6x6x6 handicap accessible blinds for the hunters.
2. Many gracious private land owners have offered us the use of their property and each will have food plots or baited area to hunt over.
3. We are planting food plots on most of the properties for a better chance of seeing animals.
4. If needed we will send a person out with the hunter to help get them in and out of the blinds.
5. If needed we will have a volunteer sit with the hunter during the hunt.
6. We will have animal trackers and cleaning after a successful hunt.
7. We have a minimal cost meat processor standing by to have meat ready to go when hunters leave on Monday.
8. Each hunter is expected to pay their own travel and hotel costs.
9. Each hunter must bring a person to stay with them in the hotel to help with anything pertaining to their disability. We will not have a nurse on hand.
10. We are going to supply lunch each of the three 4days the hunters will be here free of charge.
11. Each hunter is responsible for their own breakfast and dinner.
Potential Hunters and those seeking to donate to the hunt in either money or time are asked to go to www.wolverinelionsclub.org website and click on the link for the hunt. Rules and applications are on that page.
Remember that an out of state disabled hunter must apply for and recieve a shooting from a standing vehicle permit from the Mi. DNR in order to use a rifle. Although you may hunt with bow or crossbow if you can't get the permit because it is archary season.
People wishing to donate to this tax deductible non-profit hunt please send checks or money orders to;
Wolverine Disabled Sportsmens Hunt
PO BOX 24
Wolverine Mi. 49799
Please make donation checks payable to;
Wolverine Lions Club/WDSH
Thank you SO much for your support!!!
Founder Paul Bunker—
231-833-0019 PO BOX 24
Wolverine Mi. 49799
PLEASE. IF YOU ARE DISABLED AND CAN MAKE THE TRIP WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU ON THIS FREE WOLVERINE DISABLED SPORTSMENS HUNT. CALL ME!!