Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
disabled vet helping vets
Last Post 19 Apr 2011 02:31 PM by bowfool. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Wounded Warrior
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
17 Aug 2009 10:55 AM  

I have been a disabled vet for nine years, I have had my lower extremities broken in 18 places, my back and sholders broken , closed head and internal injuries. Pieced together with screws and rods I contuine to function well. after 16 years of active service I have been working as a critical care nurse, working in a burn unit in Georgia and being in a managed lease club on 14,ooo acres, I had The oppertunity to relocate to San Antonio TX to work with the wounded warrior programin BAMC burn unit taking care of soilders wounded down range mostly from road side explosins. Thing is here in TX i cant seem to find any place to hunt, or at least nothing afforadiable. Hunting has been my passion since I was 10 now it seems I may have to givr it up, looking for some help.

Wounded Warrior
Rooster
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
05 Oct 2009 12:32 AM  
I understand where you are coming from. I am a disabled vet myself. I was injured after 12 years of service. I have been hunting since I could walk and now that I have moved back to texas, I can not find a place to go hunting. Public hunting lands are over crowded and you either have to know someone of pay a couple thousand dollars to go hunting. It breaks my heart.
Fossilman
6 Point
6 Point

--
25 Oct 2009 09:36 PM  

Would be posting a business,but maybe you could PM me,than I could disclose a name for you to check out in the right direction...........

God,family and friends,nothing better!!
JohnCushman
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
13 Jan 2010 06:33 PM  
I'm a disabled vet myself. Alot of states offer mobility impaired huts, maybe you could check into them. Also, alot of states will allow ATV use in areas where it's not allowed for mobility impaired hunters after filling out an application for it. Don't give up!!! There's always a way
Great-White Hunter
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
24 Feb 2010 01:30 AM  
I am an active duty Marine stationed in Quantico, VA. The Wounded Warriors Headquarters is stationed here on this base, and I personally know a few of the Marines in charge. As well, I will be involved with guiding wounded warriors on some hunts this year.

I will look into this issue and see what informartion I can find in regards to wounded former military members.

Jon
GySgt/USMC
TimberKing
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Nov 2010 11:06 PM  
Wounded Warrior,, I'm a about to be disabled vet.Just have to finnish up my FPEB and be put out of the Air force after 24+ years. A few years back I was down at the Navy Air Station in Corpus Christi Tx. I remember talking to a few of the Navy guys about hunting in Texas. I was told at that time that the Navy MWR had a hunting area just west of Corpus. Could be worth a call the the navy MWR.
bowfool
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Apr 2011 02:31 PM  
I've heard quite a bit of chatter regarding wounded vets and TX hunts lately. There are a lot of people who care and are doing some things on a small scale, just finding those is the tough part. BADF and Buckmasters has worked with Hopeforthewarriors.org conducting hunts for vets through our chapters. You should apply through them as they are nationwide. There hunts would be provided by our TX Buckmasters chapters. Contacting the closest chapter to you would be another good resource.

I have had some conversation with the Bowman Lodge in OK. It is a high fence strictly for military use. Here is a brief overview:

The Bowman Lodge at Lone Tree Ranch was established by vets, for vets…to give them the complete outdoor experience they deserve.

A natural hunter’s paradise awaits.
Lone Tree Ranch is 1,100 acres of mixed hardwood forests and open grassland, located outside Morris, Oklahoma. Trophy whitetail deer, turkey, and a variety of small game animals abound. Fifteen stocked ponds provide ample fishing opportunities as well.

Here, there are no limits on what you can do.

We offer all the luxury of a high-fenced, commercial hunt , minus the restrictions. If you sight it, you can shoot it. We have worked with other vets to provide a variety of adaptive hunting measures – special transport, blinds and stands – to ensure an exciting, fulfilling hunt. All hunts are fully guided by a fellow veteran.

http://bowmanlodge.org

If I can be of assistance please let me know.

David Sullivan
Buckmasters BADF
dsullivan@buckmasters.com
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!