Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
How do I apply For A Disabled Hunt
Last Post 06 Nov 2009 09:18 PM by fishboss. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
jray61
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
25 Feb 2009 05:47 AM  
I have been on 2 OWD  Handicapped hunts and drawn a ZERO. I would like to take 1 bragging rights Buck before my injuries keep me from hunting.. As it is now I can only walk about a 100 yards before the pain breaks thru my medication. I hunt and practice with good scopes , bullets and rifles. I am also limited to the caliber I shoot (recoil) two strokes. I only need the oppunity. I cannot afford the hunting resorts. My 9 point buck was only about 2 and half years old,no mass to his anlters. I post the story about 8pointer later.Please , understand that I am puting down the Sandbox Vetrans, I truly am grateful for all good responses and treatment they getting and rigthfully deserve. I find myself saying how about some Viet Nam Vetrans mixed with them . Most of you know what we came home to and how we were treated . I ( we nam vets ) do not want pity just some of the respect the present warriors are recieving. I can travel to any place ( on my expense to hunt ) if selected for one of your Disabled Hunts. I enjoy your shows and tell Jackie I will not play any snake pranks on him.     Thank You Joe
hank
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
07 Mar 2009 06:01 PM  
hi joe like you im in the same boat nam vet cant walk over 50 ft i still hunt but i am not allowed to go it alone as per dr orders im looking for a hunt also i guess ill try the wheelin sportsmen or something like that my brother and i have a hunt booked for sc this fall the outfitter says he can accomodate me we will see and yes the nam vets situation hasnt gotten any better good health and welcome home comrade hank
bowfool
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
30 Mar 2009 04:28 AM  
Check our resources at http://americasfreedomlodge.org/ins.../ and your states to see what special hunts they offer.

David
IamchopperDave
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
12 Aug 2009 04:23 PM  

I have been a Disabled Vet for nine years. Retired after 16 years with an 80% rating. My legs have been broken in 18 places, back and sholders broken, internal injuries and a closed head injury. I am held togrther with rods and screws and suffer from insomnia, and can not run anymore. Other then that I am in pretty good health, most would'nt know anything is wrong with me. I recently moved to San Antonio from Augusta, GA. I am am a critical care nurse, and have been working in a burn unit since my disibility. I was part of a hunt club in GA. managing 14,000 acres. I moved to texas to become part of the wounded warrior program, working at Brook Army Med Centers Burn Unit, treating burned soilders from theater of operations. My delimma, hunting is my passion, and I cannot find a place to hunt here in Texas thats even close to be affordable. Just would like some help to make a dream come true. (210) 381-4969.

Michelle
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Oct 2009 06:57 PM  
Yes, I am trying to find out what route I need to take. My stepdad is in stage 4 of cancer. He is a dedicated hunter. He lives to hunt. He has been to Colorado elk hunting but never any luck. His wish is to kill an elk before he dies. I want to be able to tell my story of him and his condition and see if there is any possible way that we could make his wish come true.
Michelle
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Oct 2009 06:59 PM  
You can reach me at (812)354-4479
fishboss
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
06 Nov 2009 09:18 PM  
I am 24/7 in a wheelchair Nam vet 100% VA and Social Security , I would like to know what I need to do to apply for a disabled hunt ? Also every time I try and contat anyone form Hot Springs, Arkansas about a Chapter arond here, I do not get anyone to talk to me. Is there a Chapter in or around Hot Springs, Ar. ? I do hunt when I can, right now my 4 Wheeler is down and I am working on it when I feel good.
fishboss
Button Buck
Button Buck

--

I am 24/7 in a wheelchair Nam vet 100% VA and Social Security , is ther a Chapter arond these hills?

fishboss
Button Buck
Button Buck

--

I am 24/7 in a wheelchair Nam vet 100% VA and Social Security , I hope ALL OF YOU have a good hunt this year.

fishboss
Button Buck
Button Buck

--

I am 24/7 in a wheelchair Nam vet 100% VA and Social Security ,  I do hunt when I can, right now my 4 Wheeler is down and I am working on it when I feel good. I would like to join the Chapter if someone would contact me about it, I am a member of Buckmasters and have been so for awhile.

fishboss
Button Buck
Button Buck

--

I wish every one well

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!