Summer Food Plots
Last Post 23 Feb 2012 11:11 PM by sportm4. 8 Replies.
Author Messages
RobertM
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Jun 2011 12:46 PM  
How many folks planted a summer food plot this year?
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
01 Aug 2011 04:13 PM  
WEPLANTED CORN... MOST OF IT CAME UP BUT DIDNT PUT VERY MANY EARS ON IT..WHATS UP WITH THAT???
MIKE EVERETT
bill
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Aug 2011 08:39 PM  
we had a friend give us 50# of sorghum seed which we planted early may. it has come up pretty good and is seeding out nicely. it will hit just right for the season opening august 15th.
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
07 Aug 2011 09:04 PM  
Planted about half of our food plots in Iron Clay Peas............and the deer have already mowed them down !
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
RobertM
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Aug 2011 01:31 PM  

Posted By PINETREE on 01 Aug 2011 10:13 AM
WEPLANTED CORN... MOST OF IT CAME UP BUT DIDNT PUT VERY MANY EARS ON IT..WHATS UP WITH THAT???
I'm not sure Pinetree. One year I planted corn very close together thinking it would help keep weed competition down. There wasn't many weeds, but very few ears of corn. The next and every year since I've made sure to allow space both between and within the rows and had that issue.
RobertM
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Aug 2011 01:34 PM  

Posted By tubby on 07 Aug 2011 03:04 PM
Planted about half of our food plots in Iron Clay Peas............and the deer have already mowed them down !
That sounds like my plots. The peas have been ate down to ground level and all the corn ears the Deer can reach have been eaten. But the Deer I've seen and gotten pictures of look health.
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
23 Aug 2011 01:50 AM  
Robert........I have not even put a camera out yet........100 degree weather .......yuck!!!!!!!!! come on fall and winter.
Time to kill some quacks and racks !
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
07 Sep 2011 10:42 PM  

Posted By RobertM on 08 Aug 2011 07:31 AM

Posted By PINETREE on 01 Aug 2011 10:13 AM
I'm not sure Pinetree. One year I planted corn very close together thinking it would help keep weed competition down. There wasn't many weeds, but very few ears of corn. The next and every year since I've made sure to allow space both between and within the rows and had that issue.

WELL IT HAS DUNE ALOT BETTER I GUESS IT JUST TOOK LONER THAN I THOUGHT IT SHOULD HAVE ...BUT WE DID USE A 3 ROE PLANTER WHEN WE PLANTED..IT WAS FUNNY THE PLOTS WE THOUGHT WOULD NOT COME UP AT ALL LOOK THE BEST THE ONES WE THOUGHT WOULD BE THE BEST DIDNT COME UP AT ALL......AND THANK GOD IT HAS COOLED OFF SOME IT WAS 58 THIS MORNING WITH A HIGH OF 80 LAST WEEK WAS 78 LOW AND 98 HIGH..BUILDING SHOOTING HOUSES THIS WEEKEND AND PLANTING OCT 1ST..IM READY FOR SEASON TO OPEN OCT 15TH....LETS SEE MY NEW PSE EVO IN ACTION.....
MIKE EVERETT
sportm4
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
23 Feb 2012 11:11 PM  
we planted soybeans and clay peas and they ate the soybeans early and clay peas just as season wascoming in

---
Active Forums 4.2