3 types of plots
Last Post 18 Sep 2009 09:45 PM by darrell mcintyre. 2 Replies.
Author Messages
Kantuck Raised
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Aug 2009 01:44 PM  
This year my buddy back in Kentucky and I are trying out some new food plots.  We have Imperial Clover going to the left hand hollow (1 acre), Mossy Oak Biologic Full Draw for the middle hollow (2 acres) and then some Tecomate Max-Attract for the right hand hollow (2 1/2 acres).  Right now (thanks to the trail cam) we know they are going to the pond that is in the middle hollow (hence the Full Draw going there).  It will be interesting to see if they change course any.  Last year they were all in the right hand hollow because there was clover there and the pond was not much of a pond.  This spring they had it bulldozed again and is one  heck of a watering hole.
Kantuck Raised
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
28 Aug 2009 01:50 PM  
All 4 (we added a field) are planted and after a week you couldn't even see the dirt really because it was so green. The deer and turkey are coming from places we have never seen them now so hopefully we are starting to pull in the surrounding deer.
darrell mcintyre
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
18 Sep 2009 09:45 PM  
I hunt in Harrison county Kentucky and would like to know what I can put in a small area with little acess. I dont have the machinery to plant any corn or soybeans,but I need something to hold the the deer on the property. I have a feeder and several mineral licks on the farm, but it is only a travel through for the deer.I would like any suggestions on what I can do.I have tried Throw and Grow with little sucess and the owner of the farm is open to about anything that I'm willing to try.

---
Active Forums 4.2