Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

NEW PLOTS
Last Post 19 Sep 2007 12:12 AM by Shawn. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
06 Sep 2007 05:22 PM  
HAS ANYONE OR EVERYONE PLANTED THIS YEARS PLOTS???AND WHAT DID OR ARE YOU GOING TO PLANT??? AT MY CLUB WE ARE GOING TO PLANT THE LAST WEEKEND OF SEPT.
BOW SEASON COMES IN OCT 13TH..WE WILL PLANT RYE, RAPE , OATS , AND WHEAT..AND WE WILL PUT OUT A LITTLE OF THE BIOLOGIC..JUST TO SEE HOW IT DOES...I CAN'T NEVER GET IT TO GROW LIKE ON THE HUNTING SHOWS.......
MIKE EVERETT
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
06 Sep 2007 05:38 PM  
We usually plant a deer mix that we add extra rye,rape and a little clover.We planted some Bio-Logic a few years back and it sure didn't do like it did on the tv shows.
I'm not sure these "new seeds" are worth all that money.You can buy 4 or 5 bags of deer mix from the co-op for what you spend on 1 bag of the bio-logic or similar stuff.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
06 Sep 2007 07:28 PM  
I'm in total agreement with Tubby. Don't waste your money on the expensive mixes. I buy a blend of wheat, rape, rye, white clover and red clover from a local farmer that bags it himself. I pay $25 for a 50 lb bag of seed that has a 90% or better germination rate. It grows better in our soil than any other high dollar blend that I have tried.

I have planted 2 plots already, but I have held off on planting the rest until we get a little more rain. Usually I have all my plots done by September, but the draught ruined us this year. Soil was so hard and dry that it ate the tines off my 4 foot tiller.
z3z528

--
14 Sep 2007 02:26 AM  
i started up a small plot that i used some imperial blend; clover, oats, brassica, etc... and it was no plow so all i did was cleared a spot in the woods, took the 4wheeler and turfed up the dirt a little then mixed the seed with some 14-14-14 fertilizer and spread it... and its been a little over a week and its coming up really good so far.. and we only had 1 day of rain since... and to top it off i a good amount of deer tracks through it so i set my camara up so scout over it... maybe ill have some pix to put up soon... good luck tho
Ohio is where the Big Bucks Roam!!!
ShawnibalLecter
Forum Administrator
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Sep 2007 12:12 AM  
We are planting this Friday (hopefully)

This years menu will be legumes and chicory, with the added blend of Australian Winter peas, Clovers, Triticale and Buck forage Oats..........

Triticale

If you ever hope to be a credible adult and want a job that pays better than minimum wage, then for God's sake don't pierce or tattoo every available piece of flesh. If so, then plan your future around saying... "Would you like fries with that?"
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!