Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Need food plot ideas badly
Last Post 24 May 2011 07:17 PM by GameHunter3595. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Not Resolved
GibbyV
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
16 May 2011 07:35 PM  
I have a heavily wooded 90 acre plot of land that has a good 9 acre lake in the middle of it with a run off stream. So water is not a problem. There are some soy and corn fields that are in close prox of my place. My question is, without having to cut a lot of timber what can I do to make a little oasis of a food plot that the deer will come to? Can I do a controled burn of the under brush and weeds, then use smoe throw and grow? I do have oak trees everywhere.
sticker pt
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
23 May 2011 04:19 AM  
i would just go in use round up in spots that have scubs and weeds then rack what you can and get some no-plow it works, if you have some trails/logging roads plant them i diff-would make some small spots around your lake, but i do understand my place here in north east tn, is very hilly with deep uts, its hard to plant but using round up and making smaller plots has worked out for me.
GibbyV
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
24 May 2011 07:17 PM  
Thank you for the info. My place is an old strip pit so i know about the hills. Good luck with your up coming season!
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!