Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

deer attractant
Last Post 08 Jan 2010 04:53 PM by WVHunter129. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
jchdh
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
30 Dec 2009 03:30 AM  

I have two question. 

1. What kind of lure or mineral could I use to keep the deer coming to it regurally.  Like what kind of feeder or whatever.

2. What could I use to make the deer grow bigger racks.  I tried something in a six lb. bag and the deer havent ever touched it.  Some of the older hunters said the smell of molasess in it was to unnatural.

Thanks.

WVHunter129
Forum Administrator
8 Point
8 Point

--
08 Jan 2010 04:53 PM  
I put out several things. I keep a brown salt block out almost year round when I can. Why brown, isn't very visible to other hunters, giving away my spot. I also put out a mineral block. Mineral blocks give the bucks what they need for antler developement. I was told once by another hunter that using calcium diposhate (spelling) was a good thing to put out for antler development.

Just before hunting season I then start putting out my Moultrie feeder with corn and I also put out a bag of Wildgame Innovations Acorn Rage. The deer love that Acorn Rage. I have sat in my tree stand and watched deer leave the corn alone to eat the Acorn Rage. Acorn Rage is nothing more than ground up acorns.

You don't want to put out anything that isn't from your area. For example don't put out peaches if there are no peach orchards around your area. Now deer love apples even if there aren't any apple trees around. If they find them they will eat them.

But the salt and mineral blocks will keep them coming. When all the salt and mineral block is gone I have pictures of deer coming to where they were placed on the ground digging holes and licking the dirt to get the salt and minerals that had leached into the ground.
WVHunter129
Live to Hunt/Hunt to Live
Forum Administrator
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!