Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

is using c'mere deer as a atrractant illegal
Last Post 14 Jul 2009 11:37 PM by dman12. 13 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
dman12
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
22 Feb 2009 02:12 AM  
i have heard that it is baiting a deer when you use c'mere deer and that it is not an attractant and i dont wanna get a ticket
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
22 Feb 2009 03:38 AM  
I think its more as a bait rather than attractant because they eat it, doe scent is a attranctant because it attracts them but they cant eat it, atleast thats how its considered in florida
SOUTHERN PRIDE
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
28 Feb 2009 09:30 PM  
If you have ever watched their infomercial that literally tries to brainwash you with repitition? They continually claim that C'mere Deer is an attractant, not a bait. But here is where it gets fuzzy....

Out of curiousity, I bought both the big tub of powdered form, and the bottle of concentrate liquid. The liquid looks, smells and taste just like the "Deer Cain" liquid formula, alot of mineral salts, and thats it. But the powdered formula had something in it that causes me alot of concern. Ground up corn. Yep, lot's of it too. Sure there was minerals and salts in there too. But if a Game Warden or DNR Lam Officer was on your case, I could definately see how it would be classified as bait.

On a side note, none of it is worth what they charge for it. Just stick to the 40 lb mineral licks for cattle. I've had more success using those.
dman12
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Mar 2009 11:55 PM  
yea we just now started using it and thats is what i was told and thank you cause i dont wanna get into any kind of trouble over something as stupid as that but we also use the mineral blocks to
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
03 Mar 2009 12:21 AM  
here in alabama,all we can hunt over is plain salt,nothing else.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
dman12
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Mar 2009 01:32 AM  
o well here in ga we cant even do that unless it is buried under the ground and the game warden cant see it
kmehaffey
6 Point
6 Point

--
04 Mar 2009 05:31 PM  
Here in Pa. it is illegal to hunt over any type of bait ! But it's perfectly legal to hunt in apple orchards,Oak forrests,ETC,( go figure)
dman12
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Mar 2009 10:32 PM  
yea we can do that to well we can also hunt over corn if it is planted in the ground
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
05 Mar 2009 03:53 PM  
thats because its a natural food source, lol had a buddy ask that and thats what the game warden said
SOUTHERN PRIDE
dman12
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
05 Mar 2009 11:44 PM  
yea my grandpa got a ticket for hunting over a mineral block and they said that also but thank you for telling me that
ontarioben
6 Point
6 Point

--
13 Mar 2009 04:14 AM  
save your money for a useful product like a trailcam , I put out that useless crap and the deer just walked right past it the coons didn,t even bother with it that shows how well it works, it can,t even attract animals that eat just about anything .
dman12
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
29 Mar 2009 01:42 PM  
well thats not good i wont put that out any more then
BushieJackman
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Jul 2009 10:08 PM  
I tried C'mere deer last year after forcing myself to dig deep into my pockets and retrieve $24 dollars of my hard earned money for a gallon of powder. Does it work? Yes it worked just like any other mineral / salt lick or other that I tried in the past. I just paid more for this one. I'm with the majority on this one! buy a few salt licks or a couple a cheap bags of deer caine, put em out and call it a day.
dman12
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
14 Jul 2009 11:37 PM  
i told my grandpa bout all of this and i told him to just puit corn out like we usually do during the summer
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!