Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Buck lickers.
Last Post 28 Nov 2009 01:52 AM by rebel deer hunter. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
deer_hunter_08
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
23 Sep 2008 09:50 AM  
I just bought a sweet corn block, apple buck jam, and the block topper from evolved habbitats. I was just wonderin if anyone has used any of these products and if you had any luck with them. I was also wonderin how is the best way to use these products. I was gonna put the block with the block topper on it about 25~30 yds of my stand and put the buck jam somewhere close to it and see which works better.
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
25 Sep 2008 04:42 AM  
I bought 2 of the sweet acorns and put one out 2 weeks ago and nothing hit it yet, also got some molasses going to put some of that on top since the blocks dont have any smell, ill let you know how it works
SOUTHERN PRIDE
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
08 Dec 2008 09:39 PM  
mines gone, nothing but a hole in the ground, busted up my other one and put some in a bottle of water to pour into the hole, but havent been back out sinc the 8th of nov, fresh tracks in it every time i checked it thought, hows yours working? havent put the molasses out either
SOUTHERN PRIDE
jason
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
23 Oct 2009 09:16 PM  
well ive got the sweet apple and i put corn all over the top of it plus its sittin in the middle of some deer cane i laid out about 2 days before. I am just now starting to see some deer tracks in the soil where the deer cane was laid.
Tom Sinnott
6 Point
6 Point

--
28 Oct 2009 12:49 AM  
I get more birds on the pressed sweet corn blocks than anything. Deer-cane is mostly all salt so it's a lot cheaper to just buy a 50lb bag of salt at a feed store/mill and dump it in a few places around your property and maybe throw a little bit of attractant on it like corn or acorns to help them find it but they will find it on their own...
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin
Tom Sinnott
6 Point
6 Point

--
28 Oct 2009 12:51 AM  
the 50lb bag of salt in $5 I don't know how much the deer cane is anymore but it is a lot more than that. I wouldn't recommend trace mineral salt either just the plain white, they don't seem to care for the trace mineral (red) salt nearly as much...

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
28 Nov 2009 01:52 AM  
I put the molasses out with some sour corn at my uncles for hogs, and they like it
SOUTHERN PRIDE
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!